Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
]

lol i could find more articles saying the opposite but don't need to because my argument isn't really based on how good they were, they only need to be average to have had a better first season than ozil
Please go and find them then. Your argument was that the stats meant Tevez and Drogba had done well, which they don't and nor did the fans of the club agree they had been great.

Tevez, Drogba and Macherano were not talents for the future like Ronaldo, Robben or Oscar. They had all had breakthrough seasons prior to the move.

Ozil has been good for more than half a season and his performance is closer to that of Negredo, except Ozil has played more football. A lot of the Arsenal fans that have been giving him stick have changed their mind after seeing the team without him. 1/5 wins since he got injured.

If that's all you expect for £40m that's your problem not mine.

City Raider said:
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
]

lol i could find more articles saying the opposite but don't need to because my argument isn't really based on how good they were, they only need to be average to have had a better first season than ozil
Please go and find them then. Your argument was that the stats meant Tevez and Drogba had done well, which they don't and nor did the fans of the club agree they had been great.

Tevez, Drogba and Macherano were not talents for the future like Ronaldo, Robben or Oscar. They had all had breakthrough seasons prior to the move.

Ozil has been good for more than half a season and his performance is closer to that of Negredo, except Ozil has played more football. A lot of the Arsenal fans that have been giving him stick have changed their mind after seeing the team without him. 1/5 wins since he got injured.

If that's all you expect for £40m that's your problem not mine.
For the first season in the Premiership, after missing preseason, joining at the beginning of September and in a team with as many faults as Arsenal; I would be content with Ozil's start. It's next season where I would expect much more, but I am not even sure he will stay.

EDIT

Was listening to the 5 Live Podcast and a Dutch coach brought up an interesting point about how Wenger is behind the times with his training methods. He believes that Wenger trains the players too hard during the preseason and that is what leads to all the soft tissue injuries. When you look at Klopp, who is another manager who trains his players harshly, then there seems to be some truth. I don't think the injury crisis Wenger and Klopp continuously have is a coincidence and they need to do something about it.

Ozil is over-rated and Ramsey is under rated. If here is one player I'd take from Arsenal it would be Ramsey (and then Vermaelen)

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Marvin said:
Ozil is over-rated and Ramsey is under rated. If here is one player I'd take from Arsenal it would be Ramsey (and then Vermaelen)
I'd be gutted if we signed Vermaelen, hes a shocking footballer.

He was good once upon a time. People are quick to confuse being a poor footballer with being rusty. I'm sure if he had a full season alongside Koscienly (who it's worth mentioning at one point was considered to be the inferior partner of the two), they would be very good. Just like he would with a full season alongside Kompany, if he could stay fit enough to manage it.

supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
]

Negredo has played in 7 more games than Ozil this season.

The correlation with Arsenal's recent form and Ozil being out is also rather crude as anyone with any sense knows there is so much more to it than just Ozil being out.

For the money, he's been wank.

A 40m player should be running games and winning games.

A luxury player if ever there was one.

Having said that, someone on another club's form at 3.13 am will probably find some bizarre way of arguing back.

Stoned Rose said:
supercrystal7 said:
City Raider said:
]

Negredo has played in 7 more games than Ozil this season.

The correlation with Arsenal's recent form and Ozil being out is also rather crude as anyone with any sense knows there is so much more to it than just Ozil being out.

For the money, he's been wank.

A 40m player should be running games and winning games.

A luxury player if ever there was one.

Having said that, someone on another club's form at 3.13 am will probably find some bizarre way of arguing back.
More games, but how many more minutes? We can all use stats to influence things. Ozil also missed preseason with Arsenal.

The correlation is there and any Arsenal fan will tell you that is part of the reason. Arsenal's problems do much deeper, but that does not take away the significance of Ozil's injury.

Even a 40 million pound player needs time to settle into a new league and should be judged when he has had a proper season, but then again when it comes to football matters, I don't expect you to have much of a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.