Arsenal Thread 2015/16

I think the biggest thing is that in the last 2 years we've not only had a much stronger 1st team but also the 21/22 man squad in general. For example on the right where ramsey has been playing, if he gets injured we had ox and walcott who could both play there. On the left we've got sanchez, ozil can play there if needs be, up front we have giroud and walcott, central defence we have per kos and gabriel with chambers as back up. Right back bellerin debuchy, midfield a lot of options. The problem is theres no easy way at all for the youngsters to get into the team. In the past we've had maybe a decent first 11 but thats about it, so when they got injured we bought the younger players in and they got experience quickly. That isn't happening at the moment which is affecting their development.

Ultimately though, i love seeing young players come through but reality is that isn't happening much anywhere now. The competition is so high you need ready made top players to compete.

You seem a tad touchy, considering you're out of a crap cup that you don't give a damn about ;-)
Seriously the Capital One Cup is a trophy, if you're still in it, but a crappy little competition if
you get knocked out. By you, i mean most of us.

I can see a club can get to a stage when they are winning a lot of trophies, that the League cup loses it's importance and makes it worthwhile using the League cup to experiment and give lot's of youth players experience, though the young players nearer first team standard would be better off on loan playing regularly.
But I don't think we are at that stage yet and Arsenal may have been 12 years ago but with just 3 FA cups in the last 10 years they aren't that team anymore.

You seem a tad touchy, considering you're out of a crap cup that you don't give a damn about ;-)
Seriously the Capital One Cup is a trophy, if you're still in it, but a crappy little competition if
you get knocked out. By you, i mean most of us.

Maybe its just me but I've never been a huge fan of it, and what happened last time round against b'ham in the final and then chelsea probably doesn't help my dislike for it either!! Whereas the fa cup has a lot of happy memories for me (and not just because we've won it last 2 years, some people talk on here as if its the first 2 fa cups we've won), but in general i love the competition regardless of our history in it.

Wenger throwing the youngsters under the bus was surprising.

Surely he must he must have known before the game that "none of them are good enough"? They weren't even that young, the lad Kamara who started in centre midfield turned 20 yesterday. Same age as Sterling.

Why does every English player at Arsenal seem very injury prone? Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Walcott and Chambers are all injured regularly.

Wenger throwing the youngsters under the bus was surprising.

Surely he must he must have known before the game that "none of them are good enough"? They weren't even that young, the lad Kamara who started in centre midfield turned 20 yesterday. Same age as Sterling.

Why does every English player at Arsenal seem very injury prone? Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Welbeck, Walcott and Chambers are all injured regularly.

Its strange, g lineker tweeted the same thing the other day, it seems all our British players are very injury prone. You can add gibbs and ramsey to that list as well (although gibbs isn't injured right now but usually is). Cant be anything to do with training otherwise it would affect everyone.

20 is still very young to be playing at that level. It's remarkable just how far along Sterling is already in terms of his development and first-team experience at that age.

All I hear from Arsenal-fans is they are happy to be knocked out of the LC because this competition could hurt their titlechallenge. Arsenal and Wenger have never taken this competition serious and not paid the respect it deserves based on it's history. It's close to arrogance to state you are happy for your team to bow out because you feel entitled to challenge for more important silverwear when it's the end of October. There is a difference between rotating and purposely keeping away your best players. The latter is showing disrespect to the competition and to your own fans who did pay a lot of money to travel and get a matchticket.
Any fan loves to see his/her team play a final at Wembley. The last two years the winner of the LC also won the PL-title. So it's hard to defend an excit from this competition will help a titlechallenge. Especially at this time of year.

A bit unfair, that, mate. He's not being arrogant or entitled at all IMO. He's simply saying they don't have the resources to compete on four fronts and therefore need to relegate the League Cup to lower priority. Nowt wrong with that, specially as they have a team capable of going all the way in the League and also have the bonus of seeing Chelsea fade out of serious contention.

I know few on here have any time for Arsenal but they're likely to be our biggest threat.

Its strange, g lineker tweeted the same thing the other day, it seems all our British players are very injury prone. You can add gibbs and ramsey to that list as well (although gibbs isn't injured right now but usually is). Cant be anything to do with training otherwise it would affect everyone.

It does seem really odd. It is pretty much every English player in Arsenal's first team squad and there's quite a few. Arsenal's muscle injury problems have been bad for years, there is definitely an issue there that isn't being addressed.

I think Tuesday night showed Arsenal's squad isn't as good as people thought. Arsenal's first eleven is brilliant IMO, but if anything happens to their top players, they're in trouble. Flamini/Arteta replacing Coquelin and Ox replacing Sanchez is two examples of a huge difference in quality between a starting 11 player and their replacement. Sanchez, Ozil, Coquelin and possibly Walcott seem irreplaceable for me. If anything happens to any of them them then Arsenal will dip quite a lot.

• 33 Cech
  • 02 Debuchy Booked
  • 21 Chambers
  • 04 Mertesacker
  • 03 Gibbs
  • 20 Flamini
  • 47 Kamara (Bielik - 60' )
  • 28 Campbell Booked
  • 15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Walcott - 5' )
  • 45 Iwobi
  • 12 Giroud
That team shouldn't be losing 3-0 to Sheffield Wednesday whatever their squad is like, and blaming youngsters isn't an excuse, they only started with 3 non regular first teamers.

You can basically take away ox and walcott from that list, neither were hardly on the pitch. That leaves 2 outfield first teamers per and giroud and 4 absolute squad players who at this moment don't stand a chance of getting into team unless we have an injury crisis (gibbs debychy flamini chambers). Very disappointing, the attitude from those guys is shit, no desire to fight to get back into team unlike giroud.

And one of those non-regular first teamers has won the Greek title and played in the Champions League knock out stages with Olympiakos as well as playing in the World Cup knock out stages with Costa Rica.

He may have done, but he's still shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.