Arsenal Thread 2015/16

A bit unfair, that, mate. He's not being arrogant or entitled at all IMO. He's simply saying they don't have the resources to compete on four fronts and therefore need to relegate the League Cup to lower priority. Nowt wrong with that, specially as they have a team capable of going all the way in the League and also have the bonus of seeing Chelsea fade out of serious contention.

I know few on here have any time for Arsenal but they're likely to be our biggest threat.

Thanks you, and just to add its not like i was happy either at getting knocked out but can totally understand wengers team selection. He picked 2 important players who are both now out for 3 weeks - would ANY club want to risk that in the league cup which then means they are unavailable for the bigger far more important trophies? Sure if you have no chance of winning the league like chelsea then fair enough, you go all out and play strongest team but right now we are in the title race as much as city. PS I'm not saying we have a chance in the CL.

And just to add again, in the past all arsenal fans i know have been extremely annoyed at weak cup teams - the worst being against chelsea in semi - as we've never had a chance of winning title so why didn't we push harder on the smaller trophies. So its not arrogance or entitlement, its just we genuinely feel now we can complete for the title so the priorities need to be re arranged.

He's still better than anyone on the Sheffield Wednesday team.

Your basis that purely on him playing half decent for costa rica in one tournament and doing quite well in a greek team. He's not a good player, if he was he'd have got somewhere near the first team at arsenal - he's been here bout 4 years now. And I'm sure you know football doesnt work in such a way that just because you apparently have 1 player thats better then all the opposition players, you should win the game. Unless that player is ronaldo or messi of course.

Your basis that purely on him playing half decent for costa rica in one tournament and doing quite well in a greek team. He's not a good player, if he was he'd have got somewhere near the first team at arsenal - he's been here bout 4 years now. And I'm sure you know football doesnt work in such a way that just because you apparently have 1 player thats better then all the opposition players, you should win the game. Unless that player is ronaldo or messi of course.

So if you're too good for Sheffield Wednesday's team you should be able to get into the Arsenal team? Your lot need to get those 'spend some money' banners back out then.

Thanks you, and just to add its not like i was happy either at getting knocked out but can totally understand wengers team selection. He picked 2 important players who are both now out for 3 weeks - would ANY club want to risk that in the league cup which then means they are unavailable for the bigger far more important trophies? Sure if you have no chance of winning the league like chelsea then fair enough, you go all out and play strongest team but right now we are in the title race as much as city. PS I'm not saying we have a chance in the CL.

The League cup to me is the same as international friendlies. I wouldn't be happy if we had players injured as a result of this competition.

So if you're too good for Sheffield Wednesday's team you should be able to get into the Arsenal team? Your lot need to get those 'spend some money' banners back out then.

I don't understand either of your posts or what point you are trying to make, other then the fact we should have won because j.campbell was playing and he did alright for costa rica and olympiakos once? We beat bayern the other day even though they had 1 or 2 players that might be better then all the arsenal players, so how did that happen? We've also beaten barca when they've had messi, so that shouldn't have happened by your logic?

Spot on. I was even thinking the same about City, and we've the squad to cope with it really. With the players we've had out, or are still injured I didn't want to risk anymore or see players like Yaya, De Bruyne etc run themselves into the ground ahead of a winnable home league game and crucial away CL game in Seville that could determine our qualification.

The League Cup is a great trophy to win, whether people rate it or not. I was over the moon when City won it and it helped us kick on and win the league too (though we suffered with the sheer number of games in Jan).

If you look at things on paper, you have the best chance in years of winning the league. City are your main rivals and have a bigger squad so if I was the Arsenal manager I'd be resting players in the league cup and I wouldn't be too fussed about the CL. I'd just make sure I wasn't in the Europa at the end of the group. If you can be out of all competitions by Jan - aside from the FA Cup which you can balance with the league games then you've a very good chance. Our run in is tough.

I was Arsenal I'd have gone for it regardless of the league. 1 game at a time and they could be in with a shout on all fronts.

Same for City.

This is the beauty of knockout competitions and imo why the european competitions should be knockouts too. You try and succeed and it's go again. Try and fail and you can fall back to concentrating on the league.

Everyone's a winner :-) . Unless your a loser.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.