Arsenal Thread 2015/16

I'd say it's going to be close.

I agree that City should have the edge though that still depends upon you keeping your key players fit.

Obviously, I'm looking at things that might give us an edge. Our long term injuries will soon be back and fresh like Wilshere, Welbeck, Cazorla and Coquelin.

I'm hoping Ozil and Sanchez back this weekend.

Also, of our final 16 games, 9 are at home. I think City have more away games, so that might help.

But close....pretty damn close, I'd say.

Over and out from Tarquinius Superbus!

Pretty well agree with most of that, apart from Welbeck giving you an edge.

I agree that I think City have the edge just now.

You have the slightly easier fixture list, have Silva & Aguero firing again, & probably have more individual match winners within your team to help pluck them out any potential hole than we have.

Looking at this recent group of fixtures a few weeks back I thought ideally we would need a 4-6 point gap at this stage, but the late goals at Watford for you guys & against us at Anfield have given you guys a slight advantage I feel.

As Gladstonian says, you look for positives for your own team to give hope, & the potential return of 5 first team players & Elneny added should at least hopefully allow us to rotate a bit more, both from the start and just as importantly give us genuine options from the bench that we just haven't had for a couple of months now.

We also seem to have clumps of difficult fixtures, so the way I look at it the aim is to remain top after each set. If we remain top after the Chelsea game that's 1 set of fixtures we notoriously struggle in out the way.

I suppose the old cliché though is take one game at a time. If we beat Chelsea & you lose to West Ham things are looking a lot more positive from our point of view. Reverse the score lines though, & you lot would be feeling very confident and be building up a head of steam while we stutter through performances.

I must say, I am enjoying being in the mix again though, even if its just January still.

I agree that I think City have the edge just now.

You have the slightly easier fixture list, have Silva & Aguero firing again, & probably have more individual match winners within your team to help pluck them out any potential hole than we have.

Looking at this recent group of fixtures a few weeks back I thought ideally we would need a 4-6 point gap at this stage, but the late goals at Watford for you guys & against us at Anfield have given you guys a slight advantage I feel.

As Gladstonian says, you look for positives for your own team to give hope, & the potential return of 5 first team players & Elneny added should at least hopefully allow us to rotate a bit more, both from the start and just as importantly give us genuine options from the bench that we just haven't had for a couple of months now.

We also seem to have clumps of difficult fixtures, so the way I look at it the aim is to remain top after each set. If we remain top after the Chelsea game that's 1 set of fixtures we notoriously struggle in out the way.

I suppose the old cliché though is take one game at a time. If we beat Chelsea & you lose to West Ham things are looking a lot more positive from our point of view. Reverse the score lines though, & you lot would be feeling very confident and be building up a head of steam while we stutter through performances.

I must say, I am enjoying being in the mix again though, even if its just January still.

When we both start playing CL games, we'll both need the full squads. Especially if we're both in FA Cup, too.
We have CoC semi final to get out of the way. Hopefully we'll get that extra game (final).

When we both start playing CL games, we'll both need the full squads. Especially if we're both in FA Cup, too.
We have CoC semi final to get out of the way. Hopefully we'll get that extra game (final).

Indeed. I suppose at the sharp end of the season, a lot of it is down to injuries, & who can cope best and dig out those results when needed. If you keep Aguero & Silva fit and can get Kompany back playing again regular, I believe that will make all the difference. We aren't good enough, in this competitive league this season, with the fixtures we have remaining, to go on a Liverpool type run of a couple of seasons ago.

Presently im not sure you guys are either, but with Kompany back, I think you guys have more potential to, when taking into account your remaining fixtures.

Obviously the number of fixtures in other competitions could have a negative effect for either side but as someone mentioned the other day, there could be a psychological change based on those results.

Say City advance to the quarters in the CL and get a favorable draw to reach the semis (i.e. anyone besides Barca, Bayern, and Real) then that could give us the confidence to keep going forward, and if Arsenal can pull off what we couldn't the last two years in beating Barca, the same effect could be had for them. Conversely, if they were really outplayed in the two legs it could ruin their confidence.

It very well could come down to match day 37 at the Etihad.

Obviously the number of fixtures in other competitions could have a negative effect for either side but as someone mentioned the other day, there could be a psychological change based on those results.

Say City advance to the quarters in the CL and get a favorable draw to reach the semis (i.e. anyone besides Barca, Bayern, and Real) then that could give us the confidence to keep going forward, and if Arsenal can pull off what we couldn't the last two years in beating Barca, the same effect could be had for them. Conversely, if they were really outplayed in the two legs it could ruin their confidence.

It very well could come down to match day 37 at the Etihad.

.....and if my auntie had bollox.......

Wenger's post match comments were embarrassing. Blaming Costa for Mertesacker chopping him down when he was through on goal. Defending his wrongful decision to substitute Giroud in bizarre fashion.

Wenger may be great at developing players, but he's not a ruthless winner. He'll never win the Premier League again, in my opinion. Two FA Cups in 12 years is a really poor return for Wenger, it would be completely unacceptable at any other top club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.