Arsenal Thread 2015/16

Are you sure he's not a City fan?

Acknowledging the strengths of an opponent is hardly evidence of being an impostor.

I mean, I'd quite like Aguero and Kompany to play for us, doesn't mean I'm a City fan.

Definitely a Gooner.

We wouldn't mind Kompany playing for us either to be honest.

Acknowledging the strengths of an opponent is hardly evidence of being an impostor.

I mean, I'd quite like Aguero and Kompany to play for us, doesn't mean I'm a City fan.
When you look at somebody's join date and then read their subsequent posts and the content within, it's pretty easy to join the dots.
There are of course the howls of protest but tbh I've been on here long enough to spot the clowns.

It's all about context. For many years this forum was infested with united fans masquerading as City fans. I'm talking of some posters with thousands of posts btw. It may sound a little preposterous to someone from the outside, but it was a real issue, especially in the period after the takeover, and was most pronounced after a loss, although its much less prevalent these days for obvious reasons. To appreciate the veracity of this assertion you have to understand the nature of the relationship between City and united fans and their assumption that they would always be able to mock their neighbours mercilessly. It's the same mindset that thought it was acceptable to place a banner at a prominent position in their ground mocking their local rivals for fifteen or so years.

The preponderance of united fans on here stirring shit is why that poster as been rounded on, as much as anything he's done himself. It's plain to me, however, that he's an Arsenal fan.

It's all about context. For many years this forum was infested with united fans masquerading as City fans. I'm talking of some posters with thousands of posts btw. It may sound a little preposterous to someone from the outside, but it was a real issue, especially in the period after the takeover, and was most pronounced after a loss, although its much less prevalent these days for obvious reasons. To appreciate the veracity of this assertion you have to understand the nature of the relationship between City and united fans and their assumption that they would always be able to mock their neighbours mercilessly. It's the same mindset that thought it was acceptable to place a banner at a prominent position in their ground mocking their local rivals for fifteen or so years.

The preponderance of united fans on here stirring shit is why that poster as been rounded on, as much as anything he's done himself. It's plain to me, however, that he's an Arsenal fan.

Fair enough, you obviously have the experience of this sort of thing, but he must be a bit sad if that's how he get's his kicks.

Anyway, for avoidance of doubt, for those who wonder, I am an Arsenal fan. We won't always agree but I hope you'll at least concede my views are sincerely held, because I do recognise I'm a guest on your forum and believe I should behave therefore accordingly.

I would still like Aguero and Kompany to play for us. It won't happen but both great players.

By the way, I'm no kiss arse (sic) but I fucking (forgive the French, but sometimes it's justified) hate Man Yoo. Second only in the hate stakes for me to the Dark Side from White Hart Lane.You will probably dispute this but I feel I have as much if not more reason to hate them than you lot.

Sorry, I probably went off on one, there.

It usually starts in January, doesn't it. I thought they might slip up, but not from 3 - 2 up. Psychologically, that will be damaging, and will be the start of their wobble. Mark my words.
Us battering Everton but drawing, and doing everything but score, isn't damaging at all for us. Our draw wasn't so bad.
Question is, when is that Leicester balloon going to burst?

When Bayern thrashed them 5-1, they were supposed to crack. After they lost heavily to Southampton, that was supposed to signify the bubble bursting, yet the won 3 on the bounce and almost won at Anfield. Now we cling onto a draw at Anfield as reason for why Arsenal will crack. Supposedly because Liverpool scored a late equalizer, that experienced players like Cech, Sanchez, Ozil, Mertesacker, Flamini, Ramsey, Monreal, Kosicleny are just going to have a nervous breakdown?

If the game ended 2-2 as it did at half time - would Arsenal would still be mentally ok?

We keep looking for an easy route to the title, and assuming Arsenal will capitulate is one of those routes.

Were going to have to win the title, not just assume Arsenal will falter and we win it by default. And ss far as im concerned, we are just as prone to faltering as they are. Especially with Kompany lasting absence.

Oh and by the way, Sanchez is supposed to return for them week for them. Oh but not to worry, Arsenal are in free fall after a draw at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.