Arsenal thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of feel bad for them. Arsenal is a huge football club, 13 championships title, the invincible, Champions League finalist. Superstars like Henry who was my favorite not-city player of all time , Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, RVP. I don't know how they became so bad? I look at their squad and I am in shock that 80% of them are Arsenal players. The gaps between them and the top 4 teams are only growing
With the quality of City and Liverpool, the great management of Tottenham and Leicester, the big pockets from Chelsea and United, and of course Newcastle with their new owner and even Everton and Wolves should be taken into account. Arsenal seem to be closer to becoming a mid-table team than contending for the championship

I just feel sorry for Mikel. Starting off his managerial career with probably the biggest challenge he'll face in it. However if he can turn it round every club in Europe will be after him, and it certainly will raise eyebrows at City once the big man goes.

I kind of feel bad for them. Arsenal is a huge football club, 13 championships title, the invincible, Champions League finalist. Superstars like Henry who was my favorite not-city player of all time , Vieira, Bergkamp, Pires, RVP. I don't know how they became so bad? I look at their squad and I am in shock that 80% of them are Arsenal players. The gaps between them and the top 4 teams are only growing
With the quality of City and Liverpool, the great management of Tottenham and Leicester, the big pockets from Chelsea and United, and of course Newcastle with their new owner and even Everton and Wolves should be taken into account. Arsenal seem to be closer to becoming a mid-table team than contending for the championship

Lol. You're 'avin a Steffi.

I just feel sorry for Mikel. Starting off his managerial career with probably the biggest challenge he'll face in it. However if he can turn it round every club in Europe will be after him, and it certainly will raise eyebrows at City once the big man goes.
TBF I doubt Pep could work his magic with those players. Luiz, Mustafi, Holding? Even Pep in his first season here had problems. Ultimately their board will probably let Arteta down. They've already proven inept by giving Ozil a huge contract, letting Ramsey go for free, buying Pepe for huge amounts when needing other priorities etc. I can only see the results piling up and fans losing patience, none of which is Arteta's fault. I'd gladly welcome back Mikel here.

Dont feel sorry for us. We got here through poor management and decision making both on and off the park.

At the same time, don't assume the worst either. We need to sort out the inbalance in the squad, and sort out the midfield especially, but it's not the world ending picture that's been painted the last few days because Arteta finally lost a couple of games.

I always liked Arsenal. Right from the Littlewood’s Cup final of 1987, through the last gasp title at Anfield, the cup double of 1993, Wenger’s 1st title and of course the Invincibles.

Wenger started throwing rocks at City though, completely ignoring his own high spending at Monaco who averaged less than 10,000 at home games but had some fantastic players during his time there.

The jealousy and underhanded tactics didn’t leave with Wenger either so I say fuck them. They talk about class and always doing things the right way but they were one of the big 5 who threatened to break away so they got their own way in the 80’s, an original member of G14 and one of the Hateful eight sending love letters to CAS.

Shut the Emirates down and let them lodge with Barnet for all I care these days. Fuck Arsenal.

TBF I doubt Pep could work his magic with those players. Luiz, Mustafi, Holding? Even Pep in his first season here had problems. Ultimately their board will probably let Arteta down. They've already proven inept by giving Ozil a huge contract, letting Ramsey go for free, buying Pepe for huge amounts when needing other priorities etc. I can only see the results piling up and fans losing patience, none of which is Arteta's fault. I'd gladly welcome back Mikel here.
Think Pep would love David Luiz tbh, well maybe David Luiz of a few years ago anyway. Mustafi is a world cup winning CB, who became a clown when he went to Arsenal, like every other defender they've signed in the past decade. Sokratis was good at Dortmund.

At some point, someone will have to stop blaming the individual defenders at Arsenal and realise the complete lack of a defensive system leaves them hugely vulnerable and the pressure that piles on the defenders makes mistakes inevitable. They've needed a holding midfielder since Gilberto left and the closest thing they ever got was the incredibly mediocre Coquelin. Now it's Gendouzi, Torreira and Xhaka, none of which can defend at all.

I too feel sorry for Arteta. He faces an impossible challenge there.

I’m not sure why he took the job to be honest. I don’t see it a good career move, he’ll be sacked maybe next season already. Was it for the money??

Arsenal just resigned 33 year old Luiz, they have holes all over the squad. They have no chance for top 4. Arteta won’t be backed in the transfer market. He’s stuck with players like Ozil. The defense is suspect, the midfield is average. You have Aubameyang with a year left, yet to renew. You have £70m Pepe who is lackluster. It’s just a mess.

We should be tempting Bukayo Saka, looks a player, one year left on his deal and home grown.

I too feel sorry for Arteta. He faces an impossible challenge there.

I’m not sure why he took the job to be honest. I don’t see it a good career move, he’ll be sacked maybe next season already. Was it for the money??

Arsenal just resigned 33 year old Luiz, they have holes all over the squad. They have no chance for top 4. Arteta won’t be backed in the transfer market. He’s stuck with players like Ozil. The defense is suspect, the midfield is average. You have Aubameyang with a year left, yet to renew. You have £70m Pepe who is lackluster. It’s just a mess.

We should be tempting Bukayo Saka, looks a player, one year left on his deal and home grown.
He took the job thru love of Arsenal. Maybe he should have gone somewhere else first. Big leap from no. 2 to manage a very big outfit. Cf Lampard.

Hate to say it but I’m rooting for arsenal in the same way as rooting for Leicester or wolves to do well. Purely just for Arteta, I’m excited to see him turn it around. I wish him no trophies however ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.