Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be lucky to win one trophy this season.
Come now. We all know how this will pan out. It’s January but we are still in the teens of games played, thanks to that bullshit World Cup. Arsenal don’t have the mentality of experience to keep this up to the point they go on and win the league. They’ll drop off.

We have that experience. Pep will sort what’s going on and we’ll once again go on a run of wins that propels us to win the league, once again breaking the hearts of a red shirt team, albeit one who isn’t very scummy.

City City City!!!!!

Shades of Leicester happening at Arsenal. They are building belief. We absolutely have to beat them, or I think it will be theirs to lose.

We're all expecting a drop off, but without pressure we will not see it. They'll have room to drop a few points anyway. But a week changes everything. Win our two games, and we're 2pts off them when they play the rags. They'll have two games in hand but the fans will feel the nerves and we'll see whether they've got the bottle.

They'll sacrifice the Europa league and rotate to prioritise the league. So their weaker squad is only an issue if they get injuries in my opinion. An injury to Odegaard or Saka could be a real problem. It might be that we just fail to click this season for one reason or another, but if we do then there's every chance we can beat them. 8pts turns to 2pts just by beating them twice. Lots to play for still. We've been this far back with much fewer games to play and won it.

We're all expecting a drop off, but without pressure we will not see it. They'll have room to drop a few points anyway. But a week changes everything. Win our two games, and we're 2pts off them when they play the rags. They'll have two games in hand but the fans will feel the nerves and we'll see whether they've got the bottle.

They'll sacrifice the Europa league and rotate to prioritise the league. So their weaker squad is only an issue if they get injuries in my opinion. An injury to Odegaard or Saka could be a real problem. It might be that we just fail to click this season for one reason or another, but if we do then there's every chance we can beat them. 8pts turns to 2pts just by beating them twice. Lots to play for still. We've been this far back with much fewer games to play and won it.

A fair analysis. Every team goes through a dodgy patch over a season and so far we have avoided that but I’m certain it’ll come and then that will test our mentality and resources. We have 3 key players we cannot cover should they get injured. Partey, Odegaard and Saka. That’s the major risk we face. With 20 games to go, it’s too early to be looking at titles.

Arsenal are going great guns.

IMO - now favorite to win the league.

However - how deep are Arsenal? An injury to Partey, Ødegaard or especially Saka is IMO going to realize a dip - potentially a large dip - in form. Injury free - Arsenal win the league. But that's unrealistic. City are far deeper and that may prove the difference. Game on!

A fair analysis. Every team goes through a dodgy patch over a season and so far we have avoided that but I’m certain it’ll come and then that will test our mentality and resources. We have 3 key players we cannot cover should they get injured. Partey, Odegaard and Saka. That’s the major risk we face. With 20 games to go, it’s too early to be looking at titles.

Exactly Jack. We need to focus on beating Utd next weekend first. That would give us a nice cushion Vs them.

I never thought we'd be capable of getting to where we are currently, so dismissed our chances of winning the league. Even now, I'm waiting for the injuries, the loss of form etc.

Be interesting how strong Arteta goes in the FA Cup game and in Europe. If we manage to be in a similar or better position in points difference to City after the game at The Emirates, then I wonder if he fully concentrates on the league and rotates in Europe to try and keep the first XI in tact as much as possible. A part of that might be dictated by if we can add any players in January to strengthen the squad. Was gutted to miss out on Mudryk, must admit that.

Exactly Jack. We need to focus on beating Utd next weekend first. That would give us a nice cushion Vs them.

I never thought we'd be capable of getting to where we are currently, so dismissed our chances of winning the league. Even now, I'm waiting for the injuries, the loss of form etc.

Be interesting how strong Arteta goes in the FA Cup game and in Europe. If we manage to be in a similar or better position in points difference to City after the game at The Emirates, then I wonder if he fully concentrates on the league and rotates in Europe to try and keep the first XI in tact as much as possible. A part of that might be dictated by if we can add any players in January to strengthen the squad. Was gutted to miss out on Mudryk, must admit that.
I agree with that. I’m not so bothered about losing out on Mudryk though I think he would have had a big impact. I imagine we will strengthen this window because I fear if we don’t our challenge for the title will falter. I feel our main risk is Partey should he get injured as there’s no one really who can replace him

However - how deep are Arsenal? An injury to Partey, Ødegaard or especially Saka is IMO going to realize a dip - potentially a large dip - in form. Injury free - Arsenal win the league. But that's unrealistic. City are far deeper and that may prove the difference. Game on!

Indeed they are going very well. It would be disingenuous to claim otherwise.

They have been very fortunate with injuries so far and their first team players are only seemingly playing in one competition. Regardless of what happens this year, they will find it very different when playing CL games too.

Having watched Partey, I don't think is that key for them. I don't really think he is as good as Arsenal fans make him out to be (some claiming the best DM in world football). The key for me is Odegaard. He's the player who moves them forward.

I am a tad envious watching other teams play so openly against them but then when the same teams play us, they set-up with two DMs and three centre halves, with full backs who stay in their own half all game.

Indeed they are going very well. It would be disingenuous to claim otherwise.

They have been very fortunate with injuries so far and their first team players are only seemingly playing in one competition. Regardless of what happens this year, they will find it very different when playing CL games too.

Having watched Partey, I don't think is that key for them. I don't really think he is as good as Arsenal fans make him out to be (some claiming the best DM in world football). The key for me is Odegaard. He's the player who moves them forward.

I am a tad envious watching other teams play so openly against them but then when the same teams play us, they set-up with two DMs and three centre halves, with full backs who stay in their own half all game.
At least you guys can say we're playing well.

Have a bunch of utd fans who keep saying we're lucky and keep getting luck up to this point and we're not playing well.

Not surprised when the media is full of ex Utd players calling us lucky and cant handle we're better than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.