Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not fancy Arsenal to maintain the pace. Their squad is not that great if they get a few injuries, but the main reason is temperament. Arteta is a total hot head, likewise key players like Xhaka have a self destruct button. Sadly I do not see it being us to do it, but if a Arsenal are put under real pressure, they will crack up.
I think there’s every chance they could wobble / implode if put under pressure. I’m just not sure we’re going to find the consistency to really squeeze them.

if they are better than us this year then fair play.its just a bad taste in the mouth from the rag goal.i dont mind losing on sporting merit if they are better and to be fair they were also shafted at the rags so fair fucks if they keep it up

At the moment I would take that
Hopefully the champions league then I’ve seen us win everything after 50 odd years watching them I find it’s getting more difficult to get motivated to go all over feel it now, it will be time to be an armchair supporter and let the youngsters get on with it while I spend more time with the family and grandchildren

Last edited:
We have better players than arsenal
But I think they play so much better than we do
They do everything at speed and have fast wingers
They create a lot more than us at the moment as well
Only weak spots for me are ramsdale and xhaka

I see so many incorrect assumptions made toward Arsenal ad this is one. Ramsdale is a fantastic keeper and had another outstanding performance. Xhaka is the de-facto leader of the team and on-field manager, basically Arteta's lieutenant in the field, he also has a fantastic passing range and lethal left foot. Xhaka is one of our most important players.

I do not fancy Arsenal to maintain the pace. Their squad is not that great if they get a few injuries, but the main reason is temperament. Arteta is a total hot head, likewise key players like Xhaka have a self destruct button. Sadly I do not see it being us to do it, but if an Arsenal are put under real pressure, they will crack up.
People been saying this for months and it’s not happened yet. We shouldn’t be relying on a team imploding to win a title. Arsenal deserve it so far and I can see them dropping points but I think we will as well. 8 points isn’t a lot at this stage but with our inconsistent form it’s massive.

Shades of Leicester happening at Arsenal. They are building belief. We absolutely have to beat them, or I think it will be theirs to lose.
I agree with most of that, but Leicester City it is not. Arsenal have had the largest net spend in the last five years and finished 5th last season. Leicester literally came from a relegation battle and shoestring signings to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.