Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the previous 3 seasons, they finished 8th, 8th and, last season, 5th. I'm pretty sure even the most blinkered Arsenal fan wouldn't have forecast the way this season has gone for them. One defeat and two draws in 19 games.
Thats the measure of Arteta. He was building a side with logical purchases to a plan. Contrast the rags over the years. Maybe they have hit the heights sooner than Arteta thought, but he won’t be surprised. One can only admire what they have done.

In the previous 3 seasons, they finished 8th, 8th and, last season, 5th. I'm pretty sure even the most blinkered Arsenal fan wouldn't have forecast the way this season has gone for them. One defeat and two draws in 19 games.

Jim, I'd have taken 4th before the season started. Even Arteta admits we are ahead of where he thought we'd be.

Thats the measure of Arteta. He was building a side with logical purchases to a plan. Contrast the rags over the years. Maybe they have hit the heights sooner than Arteta thought, but he won’t be surprised. One can only admire what they have done.
Yep, he's done very very well since he's been there. An exciting, young side, flying high. And they seem to be coping admirably with Jesus' absence. We have our work cut out chasing them down. But I'm not going to give up on the title just yet.

These twats are talking about 20 years of pain and misery potentially being over like they haven't spent over £100 million every year in recent years with virtually no sales and finished top half every year. Wankers are comparing themselves to Leicester and think they've been through it.

They're on course to be only marginally less insufferable than scousers.

The likes of today’s win, is what champions do.
I’m not saying we can’t do it, but no more mistakes can be entertained. They are not going to drop many points.

Yes the big hope was top 4 and our rivals (Spurs/United/Chelsea) thought we'd fall away because we didn't have Europe last year.

But you could tell in pre-season that we looked incredible against Chelsea and Tuchell went on a rant about how much harder Arsenal players were working. We've gone up several levels since last season.

Yes the big hope was top 4 and our rivals (Spurs/United/Chelsea) thought we'd fall away because we didn't have Europe last year.

But you could tell in pre-season that we looked incredible against Chelsea and Tuchell went on a rant about how much harder Arsenal players were working. We've gone up several levels since last season.
Looking at Chelsea this season, that might turn out to be not that much of an indicator of your quality. We beat them twice in 4 days and, according to some on here, we're shite this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.