Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed

Besides they were ineffective when they brought their better players on anyway. They didn’t have a shot in the last 30 minutes.
Yep. Another thing ignored by them, they brought on all their best players bar white and ramsdale to salvage it and barely troubled us. We made changes too but if they're peddling this "it was our strongest lineup" line then they have to accept the subs made us weaker whilst they had their best lineup for the last half hour and did nothing.

Arsenal's line up yesterday was interesting one, not best one, but I would argue, that ours was prime and their's second string.

Firstly, i see "only" Odegaard (for Vieira), Zinchenko (for Tierney) and Saliba (for Holding) as real alterations, my feeling is Tomiyasu is close to Ben White lately (for instance White was easily their worst player in a game against Utd) and Martinelli may find Trossard as a great competitor (although long term Martinelli has an advantage over Trossard, like both age and potential imo). I guess Ramsdale would not make relevant difference in this game.

Main argument lies upon City though. Yes, lately, it was preety much our first choice line up (actually some prick can even add, that Ederson not neccessarily blocks first strike), but we have a proper depth and in few weeks time one may easily see few changes in pack order. For some time my question is, whether Pep is teasing a bit with few players, in a sophisticated way, for a mix of disciplinary and motivational reasons. I mean, in City's case you can fairly assume, that Bernardo has a bit higher potential than Gundogan, Walker than Lewis (for now). Foden would also probably going to be back for our game at Emirates.

That being said, Arsenal is strong and at Emirates its hard to say its not a 50/50 game.

7,500 Arsenal fans travel up to Mcr in a giddy state, then claim they are not arsed about getting beat.

Bullshit! they were expecting their team to lay down a marker, and they fell someway short. You come at the King, you best not miss!!!
Should heard then on the Tram before the game
Arrogant, mouthy as usual
They felt they would steamroller us,
Idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.