Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack, I met some good lads in the pub and on the tram before the match. The knob heads walking to the ground were, sadly, obnoxious. The WWYWYW Shit chant is a bit much when only a few years ago only 25,000 turned out for PL game against us. (Which I also told the knob after he'd sung it)

I’m no apologist for all Arsenal fans - like all clubs we have our fair share of dickheads

I’m no apologist for all Arsenal fans - like all clubs we have our fair share of dickheads
I don't expect you to be, my reply was based on your comment that I would trade what I am to be a investment banker from Surrey.
I would love to be a Blues saxophonist but if the price of a change is to become an arrogant, no nowt fuck wit then I will stay as I am. Money doesn't make someone special, neither does brains. He/they might have both but they lacked what is important in life.

What I like about Pep is that he treats every game seriously and I wouldn't expect anything less. The narrative from Arsenal fans and their hangers-on makes them look small-time. The pressure is ramping up and I expect them to have a wobble.

Of course gross spend is a better measure. Coutinho was at Liverpool before Klopp and then Liverpool got lucky selling Coutinho for that ridiculous sum. Klopp then went out and bought Allison and VVD for 80m each. Liverpool fans like to downplay the significance of these purchases due to the fact it was the Coutinho money that paid for them. But it still doesn't ignore the fact Klopp got to spend 80m on two players who transformed his backline, which is a luxury very few mangers have enjoyed.
Allison was £65 million.

I don't expect you to be, my reply was based on your comment that I would trade what I am to be a investment banker from Surrey.
I would love to be a Blues saxophonist but if the price of a change is to become an arrogant, no nowt fuck wit then I will stay as I am. Money doesn't make someone special, neither does brains. He/they might have both but they lacked what is important in life.

To be honest, my comment wasn’t meant to be taken seriously. I was being flippant but certainly didn’t mean to offend you or anyone for that matter.

What I like about Pep is that he treats every game seriously and I wouldn't expect anything less. The narrative from Arsenal fans and their hangers-on makes them look small-time. The pressure is ramping up and I expect them to have a wobble.
Not sure they will have a wobble. I genuinely can't see them losing any more than 3 games up to the end of the season. Arteta is managing them well. I'm sure some of their fans will be nervous, but from the outside looking in to they do appear to be running very, very well. Although I do find their fans disagreeable, out of the 3 red top teams I think they're the least unlikeable. However they do have some of the worst celebrity fans. Real fannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.