Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack, I met some good lads in the pub and on the tram before the match. The knob heads walking to the ground were, sadly, obnoxious. The WWYWYW Shit chant is a bit much when only a few years ago only 25,000 turned out for PL game against us. (Which I also told the knob after he'd sung it)
And I can remember a fire drill-like exit at Wembley, when our third went in during the League Cup final a few years ago.

Our young grandson asked, "Where are they all going?"

Not sure they will have a wobble. I genuinely can't see them losing any more than 3 games up to the end of the season. Arteta is managing them well. I'm sure some of their fans will be nervous, but from the outside looking in to they do appear to be running very, very well. Although I do find their fans disagreeable, out of the 3 red top teams I think they're the least unlikeable. However they do have some of the worst celebrity fans. Real fannies.

I think the evidence of our defeat against you confirms my previous often stated fears on here.

1. Yesterday, I posed the question what was City’s best team. The variation in the answers to that confirms my view that City’s squad is so strong, it can safely rotate players with no discernible loss in performance.

2.Whereas, we rest players on Friday and we don’t perform as we would with our strongest team. Over a season, that is likely to prove the difference.

3. We are currently sweating on Partey’s fitness. We are much poorer without him and he’s arguably our most important player. Past results with and without him are quite clear. Sambi Lokonga has shown he’s not up to that level and frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if we sold him.

4. We have had a good run so far and overdue a dip in form. Watch us likely falter to a Dyche resurgent Everton next Saturday. (If I’m right, you can call me mystic Jack)

5. Anything in our favour?
- Well, we do have a points cushion but if anyone is capable of hunting that down, it’s City who have shown that in the past.
- City are not quite the team they were and at times have appeared a little ponderous in their play this season.
- Maybe we will get Caicedo in this window otherwise as stated above, we are vulnerable to Partey not being available. We have brought in Trossard and Kiwior and that should help.
- I sense Pep would want the CL prize above all others and that could be a distraction
- We get at least 1 win against City in our 2 remaining games.
- City will likely drop points at some stage

So, on balance, we are in with a shout but our vulnerabilities are obvious and who’d bet against City given your pedigree?

And I can remember a fire drill-like exit at Wembley, when our third went in during the League Cup final a few years ago.

Our young grandson asked, "Where are they all going?"

This is based upon the premise that City fans, as a group, are better fans than ours. I don’t accept that. I think all fans taken together are pretty much the same. If you lot were 3 goals down in a cup final, I imagine quite a few of you would likely do the same.

This is based upon the premise that City fans, as a group, are better fans than ours. I don’t accept that. I think all fans taken together are pretty much the same. If you lot were 3 goals down in a cup final, I imagine quite a few of you would likely do the same.
I doubt it would be anywhere near the scale it was by your lot on the occasion I mentioned.

So, on balance, we are in with a shout but our vulnerabilities are obvious and who’d bet against City given your pedigree?

We're the ones that are in with a shout. You're the favourites. A five-point cushion and a game in hand is quite a lot. You won't lose many at all. The best we can hope for is that you'll drop points in silly draws in games that you could and should have won. Meanwhile, we still have to play better than we have at any point in the season — and that includes Friday night, incidentally.
For what it's worth: I thought that that was a thundering cup tie, easily the best quality in the land on display on both sides. We edged it but your bunch impressed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.