Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A class I taught had two girls who were United fans and a lad who was ostentatiously a gooner. One day he came in wearing an Arsenal scarf. Sat down cool as you like. He wasn't bothering me, he wasn't disturbing the class, I saw no reason to intervene. It was winding up the two girls no end! Actually, I was observing the strict neutrality of the teacher — above it all, like — while sniggering quietly up my sleeve… ;-)

Turner
Tomiyasu White Gabriel Tierney
Xhaka ZInchenko
Trossard ESR Martinelli
Jesus

We can still put out a pretty good team.

Naturally if a team lost 5 first team players, of which of those 5 are the clubs best players (Saka, Odegaard Partey), it would be detrimental.

Its not some massive insight.

If I could pick 5 players for City to take out, I would go Haaland, KDB, Ederson, Rodri, Mahrez. And in that scenario you wouldnt look as intimidating.
You seem to be arguing that Arsenal are as deep as City - ridiculous. Not even close. City is far deeper than any other side in football.

I will give you this, though - Haaland - a true striker - who doesn't participate in build-up very much - means that when he's in our side we need to adjust. Currently, we're trying to put one of our backs (Lewis) into midfield to make up numbers - this hasn't always worked out to our benefit.

So - suppose Haaland is injured. That will be the biggest impact to our team. I think we'd be OK - but we'd need to once again change strategy - probably we'd go false 9 again if Haaland experienced a long-term injury.

You seem to be arguing that Arsenal are as deep as City - ridiculous. Not even close. City is far deeper than any other side in football.

I will give you this, though - Haaland - a true striker - who doesn't participate in build-up very much - means that when he's in our side we need to adjust. Currently, we're trying to put one of our backs (Lewis) into midfield to make up numbers - this hasn't always worked out to our benefit.

So - suppose Haaland is injured. That will be the biggest impact to our team. I think we'd be OK - but we'd need to once again change strategy - probably we'd go false 9 again if Haaland experienced a long-term injury.

I‘m not sure he is arguing that but he can speak for himself. It’s an incontrovertible fact that City’s squad is much stronger than ours. Indisputable.

I‘m not sure he is arguing that but he can speak for himself. It’s an incontrovertible fact that City’s squad is much stronger than ours. Indisputable.
Even though you’re currently in the midst of a name change to the ‘much changed Arsenal’?
As in: “Manchester United were the most impressive premier league side in this weekends FA Cup, whilst Manchester City beat a much changed Arsenal side”. An actual quote from todays FA Cup coverage!! ;-)

Even though you’re currently in the midst of a name change to the ‘much changed Arsenal’?
As in: “Manchester United were the most impressive premier league side in this weekends FA Cup, whilst Manchester City beat a much changed Arsenal side”. An actual quote from todays FA Cup coverage!! ;-)

I honestly don’t think you can hold me accountable for sensationalist journalism

Them buying Trossard and Caciedo (if its gone through)from Brighton tells me that these are deadly serious about building a premier league winning squad for now and the future. All of a sudden they look a lot stronger whilst we haven't delved into the market and and also have numerous players out of form. Even Jacko can't deny its there's to lose now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.