Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good signing for them, Jorginho. Always thought he’d have been a belter under Pep and can’t help but think he will be under Arteta.

Looks like we may be getting Jorginho. Not what we hoped for.

However us getting Trossard and Jorginho, and City losing Cancelo and getting no one to replace him, thats a swing in our direction in terms of squad depth.

How does Jorginho stack up to Kalvin Phillips as a back up? I hear often, and rightly, that we have a dependency on Partey, but Kalvin Phillips is a mile of Rodri's quality. So really City also carry a risk in the sense you only have one top class holding player.

On a very basic note, at least Phillips would make up for current lack of (compared to Rodri) technical ability with legs and energy - you will notice a massive drop-off in energy and dynamism in your midfield when Jorginho is in there instead of Partey.

He’s got the intelligence to work past that but learning a new system might see him be targeted. A bit like we (successfully) were with Rodri in 19/20 before he became the general he is.

Hopefully anyway.

However us getting Trossard and Jorginho, and City losing Cancelo and getting no one to replace him, thats a swing in our direction in terms of squad depth.

How does Jorginho stack up to Kalvin Phillips as a back up? I hear often, and rightly, that we have a dependency on Partey, but Kalvin Phillips is a mile of Rodri's quality. So really City also carry a risk in the sense you only have one top class holding player.
Well that's it then. The Premier League might as well give you the trophy now.

FFS

Apparently we are having a ''Leicester season''

Youve got Chelsea and Liverpool fans who caually assume next season they will be ahead of us again. Gary Neville doesnt respect us. All he does is fetish a scenario in which we face an injury crisis, and speculate about which clubs will come in for our players. The guy cant accept our position.

Incidentally its actually Pep and Man City people who have been the most complimentary of us and aware of the threat we will pose, not only this season but in years to come.
Please don't make the mistake of listening to neville. He is a dyed in the wool rag who is hurting, badly. First we came along and pissed on their chips then Newcastle and now you look like you have a coherent strategy, very good players and a turncoat two faced bastard as a manager :-)
Poor lickle Gary can't handle the thought of their resurgence coinciding with 3 other teams being better than Forsale United.

You guys really are desperate. There's a long way to go m8.

But with City it's about the system not the personnel. Rodri gets injured and Gundog will play there, even kdb. Even if all our strikers are injured we go false 9. If our whole central defence is injured in the run up to the end of the season (last season) we cope. There's so much going on with City's tactical setup but it never gets covered by the media. We will be OK.

It is more the question of arsenal will be OK when they lose key players.

But I'm sure Arteta is attempting to get to the same place and not rely on individuals. Not sure if they are there yet, we will see soon!

On a side note, although I'd rather City win the 3rd pl trophy its been refreshing (so far) with no hatred like there is with lfc rivalry. So good luck to you guys.

Thank fuck you’re an arsenal fan, when I read the first line I assumed it was a potential City signing, especially with it being a City forum

I would say you have better strength in depth in that position than us now as Jorginho is twice the player Phillips is in my opinion. A very good signing for you annoyingly.

What's with Chelsea selling to Arsenal? Even City selling two decent players to another rival too!

Can I go all agenda crazy in good old Bluemooon fashion? lol

Fair comment. But are you sure you’re rating the 2023 Jorginho and not the version of a few years ago?
I don't watch him week in week out like Chelsea fans but I don't think he's regressed that much from what I've seen. It's not like he relies on pace or physicality, his game is all about technique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.