Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of the problem now is that you want to maximise what you receive from the player in terms of transfer fees, even on here as fans, you see valuations posted every time it looks like a player is leaving, posts like wouldn't accept less than £40M or £50M etc.

And now its more difficult to do that to Europe because in most cases the money just isn't there bar a few of the top clubs.

So those few clubs need to show an interest, match what an Arsenal or Chelsea can offer in terms of wages and transfer fee, and be clubs that the player is happy to go to.
City are in a tricky situation with this as we have an informal agreement with all our players that if they come with a good and fair offer, excluding United and Liverpool (and probably Spurs out of spite), no one will stand in their way. If you add Arsenal, Chelsea, and Newcastle then you're not left with very much: PSG and Real and maybe Barcelona and Bayern? I don't know what that means going forward, as I think everyone will put on a brave face, but I don't think they will be selling to Arsenal again any time soon.

City are in a tricky situation with this as we have an informal agreement with all our players that if they come with a good and fair offer, excluding United and Liverpool (and probably Spurs out of spite), no one will stand in their way. If you add Arsenal, Chelsea, and Newcastle then you're not left with very much: PSG and Real and maybe Barcelona and Bayern? I don't know what that means going forward, as I think everyone will put on a brave face, but I don't think they will be selling to Arsenal again any time soon.
Its one thing I've respected about two clubs. You and Real Madrid. Both of you let players leave if the price is fair.

If we're still in a title race for a few years then I cant see you selling us anyone. I do think our club relationship has definitely improved a great amount since Arteta and some of your players have come. Wouldnt be surprised if we actually did more business with eachother as long as the price is right and both of us were respected.

Could see Arteta going your way if he wins a few titles with us later. Could also see us less reluctant to sell u Martinelli/Saka/etc compared to other prem teams if they were demanding to stay in the league.

Zinchenko had made it clear early last season when asked by the club that he was willing to stay at City. In the summer, he was told that actually he was surplus to requirements and City would accept an offer for him. City’s decision proved a massive boost to us. Newman is right to point out that there were movements in the other direction some years back. Maybe City and Arsenal have some mutual trust when it comes to player transfers? Who knows?

Am I right in thinking this has been a generally amicable tile race in a long time for both of us? Like I dont mind if we dont win the title and you guys do. It seems like you also dont mind Arsenal winning from what I see here.

There doesnt seem to be any hostility compared to your title races against UTD/LIVERPOOL. We're both just acknowledging that whoever wins the league was probably the best team in the season.
Obviously I want City to win the League. I also live in the Real World where we won’t win it every year.
It’s refreshing to be fighting it out with Arsenal and although my memory is shite I don’t recall you being top on a raft of dodgy VAR interventions.
Unlike the two cheeks of the same arse (no pun intended) if nothing changes re the above I intend to be magnanimous if we finish below you.
( You can still stick your hateful eight letter up your arse though :-) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.