Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh compare last season to this season, we looked nowhere near competing. Even we thought top 4 would be the best we could achieve this season and even then we werent convinced.

So I wouldnt have put us as rival based on last season. Things have just clicked for us this season and if you lot were the same team for the past 2 seasons then we would probably be 2nd with the amount of games we have lost/drawn.
I still don't like the idea of selling to team who finished in the top 6 and strengthening them it doesnt make much sense tbh so hopefully we learn from that, obviously wasn't a fan of sterling going to Chelsea either but they've gone the opposite direction lol.

I still don't like the idea of selling to team who finished in the top 6 and strengthening them it doesnt make much sense tbh so hopefully we learn from that, obviously wasn't a fan of sterling going to Chelsea either but they've gone the opposite direction lol.
I understand tbf. As another poster said, we can call it even after the players we sent your way previously lol, Even now I still give us a 5% chance of winning it. All it takes is a few unlucky decisions/draws and we go from favourites to shoe in for 2nd.

I think part of the problem now is that you want to maximise what you receive from the player in terms of transfer fees, even on here as fans, you see valuations posted every time it looks like a player is leaving, posts like wouldn't accept less than £40M or £50M etc.

And now its more difficult to do that to Europe because in most cases the money just isn't there bar a few of the top clubs.

So those few clubs need to show an interest, match what an Arsenal or Chelsea can offer in terms of wages and transfer fee, and be clubs that the player is happy to go to.

What?

Your players didnt leave you to make the right choice about winning titles, they left cause they wanted to be starters/have more game time in a league they are settled in and where their family is settled. I dont think they're gonna mouth off if we win the league, they'll just be happy to help us secure our first league in 15+years.

Arteta would be happy to get out of peps shadow. Some fans might take the piss thanking City for the players but thats probably it.
It’s 20 years…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.