Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point gained my arse.
It’s potentially a point gained only if they beat us on goal difference, but given we are 5 ahead and it will be 7 assuming we beat them at the Etihad (which we all accept we have to do to win the league) so definitely 2 dropped, especially as they were 2 goals up and cruising. Those 2 dropped points have put it back in our own hands and we are used to the pressure

It’s potentially a point gained only if they beat us on goal difference, but given we are 5 ahead and it will be 7 assuming we beat them at the Etihad (which we all accept we have to do to win the league) so definitely 2 dropped, especially as they were 2 goals up and cruising. Those 2 dropped points have put it back in our own hands and we are used to the pressure
The Arse Dipper game reminds me of the Rags Everton game in March 2010 when the Rags had an eight point lead and were 4-2 up with about 10 minutes to play. Ended 4-4, they later lost to Wigan and us and the title was ours.

Is "The Ramsdale" Arsenal's version of the Posnan?
It seems to happen in big games about 19/20 minutes in when the goalie sits down and the rest of the team legs it for a group hug with 'Daddy Arteta' on the touchline.
Cheats, but, kind of heart-warming the way they cuddle at the time of insecurity.

Last edited:
Just said exactly what I was going to post. The experience that Jesus and Zinchenko will bring just can't be bought.......except if you buy them. Great move by Arteta to bring them in after they bottled the run in last season. He knew what he was doing.
Zinchenko cost them yesterday and he knew it.

Stating a fact is bizarre?
That's not what they said. They said that the mentality is bizarre. Which it is. You were 2-0 up and cruising against a piss poor Liverpool team who looked half-arsed for about 40 minutes. That game should have ended up 3, 4 or 5 nil, you were that dominant. But Xhaka did what Xhaka does and you lost the upper hand and weren't good enough or composed enough to even look like winning it back. If City had done that I'd be gutted and wouldn't be able to see it any other way than 2 points dropped. And I think the vast majority of City fans would see it the same way.

Arteta, Jesus & Zinchenko's experience will be vital to them. Their squad will listen to them & try to see their last 8 games through.

All we can do is ensure we win every game we've got left this season. We've zero room for error...
They won’t win 7 games, I think we have a margin of error but it doesn’t include dropping points against the Tarquins.

i seem to recall the media droning on about tactical fouls for weeks and highlighting Ferny. Silence about Arsenal’s tactical injuries is deafening. Southampton were doing it last season as well around the 70 minute mark so they could all juice up. It was pointed out and they stopped.

Gave you a like but, I think the 1st bit needs an edit - the numbers are wrong
;-)
No they’re not; @BringBackSwales has it spot on.

If we beat Arsenal 1-0, or by one clear goal, our GD will improve by one, and theirs will worsen by one, therefore, it will go from five better than theirs to seven better.

2-0 or two clear goals, it will be nine better.
3-0 or three clear goals, eleven better, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.