Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, Zinchenko and Arteta have been in this position before but, with the possible exception of Zinchenko, they were never the focal point of our team. Arteta was Pep's assistant and Jesus was never our main number one striker like he is at Arsenal. It's a different kind of pressure and experience fir them now.

Zinchenko played a lot in our league wins but when he was in tears in the stands after being subbed that should be a big worry for Arsenal. His emotions were always a big part of his performances for us, when he was calm and collected and there was no pressure he would play pretty well. When he wasn't in control of his emotions he'd charge all over the pitch, throw himself into stupid tackles, lose his positional awareness and make mistakes. I remember how he was in tears when we qualified for the Champions League final and he was sobbing on the pitch after the semi, then when we get to the final it was obvious from the first minute he was having one of his emotional turbo charged ill disciplined games. He'd invested too much emotional energy into the thought of playing the game rather than just playing it. We've seen it this season with Arsenal too in the two games we played against them, his head was gone as soon as the game kicked off. They're making a big mistake if they're looking at him to be the calm head and voice of experience during the run in. Hopefully his stress and erratic emotions rub off on the rest of the young lads in the dressing room, especially if they're looking to senior players like Xhaka to help the players keep cool and focused.

I agree I'd rather be in their position though, points on the board is the most important thing at this stage of the season. I'd rather have our fixtures though, mid week games keep us ticking over nicely and they've got tougher away games than us.
We saw Arteta desperately trying to get Zinchenko off because his performance was starting to degrade. In those very moment Zin showed why there's a glass ceiling to his ability. In the crucial moments of the biggest games is where he was always found wanting.

That aside, he's still been there, done it & got the t shirt, & regardless of his mental fragility, that can never be taken away from him.

Months ago I looked at Arsenal closely over a couple of matches & it's then it hit me their form wasn't a purple patch, it was a upward curve & they were the real deal.

I still think City are stronger, but Arsenal made PL hay, as we struggled for form & consistency early on. That's the 6 point advantage Arsenal are enjoying now.

There's absolutely no way I'm underestimating their ability to last the distance & I'm not relaxed because City have been here before. Yes that title run in experience is crucial, but it's still us who have 6 points to make up, with games rapidly evaporating.

I still have you down as favourites, but less so after today. As I said in another post, I think Arteta was very clever in brining in Jesus and Zinchenko. Both still very young so fit in with the squad, but both are proven winners and have been through it. Arsenal bottled it last season and Arteta bought winners, but even better, he bought two players with experience of winning in England. Very good business. I think it has paid dividends already with your winning streak after losing to us at your gaff - last season I think your team would have just fallen away.
No disrespect to you but all the Bookmakers have us as favourites, they know you know.

No they’re not; @BringBackSwales has it spot on.

If we beat Arsenal 1-0, or by one clear goal, our GD will improve by one, and theirs will worsen by one, therefore, it will go from five better than theirs to seven better.

2-0 or two clear goals, it will be nine better.
3-0 or three clear goals, eleven better, and so on.
Sorry - my bad; I was thinking points instead of goals.

Seems as Arse continually bang on about the 2 points dropped v Brentford and in their opinion, a refereeing / VAR error.

Will they take the same stance about the 2 penalties that weren't given to Salah towards the end at 2 - 2 with the Dippers on top!

Arteta is a cheat. That Ramsdale incident was so obvious as was Gabriel collapsing for heading the ball which is his job. Cheating twats.
Did you see Gabriel about 10 to go, he was on his knees desperately wanting to collapse again, looked like he was going to burst into tears. He was looking for the nod from 2 team mates but they indicated he should get up. On that earlier incident he was down around 5 minutes and they played a total of 6, they’re being encouraged to cheat by feigning injury, absolute wankers, in that position we’re looking to turn the screw not try and cheat our way to victory, fuck right off you classless toss pots.

No they’re not; @BringBackSwales has it spot on.

If we beat Arsenal 1-0, or by one clear goal, our GD will improve by one, and theirs will worsen by one, therefore, it will go from five better than theirs to seven better.

2-0 or two clear goals, it will be nine better.
3-0 or three clear goals, eleven better, and so on.
Plus we have the game in hand to do more GD damage.

If the title is settled by GD then city win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.