Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to them last night. Bossed the game and it played out like a training exercise at times and the result sees them back on track to an extent.

A massive caveat being this is the worst Chelsea team that I've seen in as many years as I can remember. Did Lampard use a tombola machine to pick the starting 11? Diabolical situation considering the crazy sums of money they've spent. Even Pochettino will have his work cut out for him should he end up at the Bridge.

We need to win tonight, and again on Saturday, and if we put in two big performances and get the results, we go 4 points clear at the top of the table. Knowing that, and with them having to play Newcastle away the next day, Sunday is huge.

I'd much rather be in our position.
If they beat Newcastle they are back.
Chelsea game came at the right time for them.

I saw him acknowledge it from the other side of the stadium. Some people are just desperate to be aggrieved.
He's not a fan, he's a professional footballer.
He is with and for whichever team he happens to be playing for.
It's the same as people having a gripe against Milner.
Don't understand it personally.

Once a player leaves City then we are dead to them and they are dead to me.

Once a player leaves City then we are dead to them and they are dead to me.
David-Silva.jpeg

Beating Newcastle would be a strong statement win for Arsenal. Newcastle is still fighting for a CL slot, is in great form, and is on their home pitch. I think I would be nervous about us having to get a result there as it stands currently.

Fair play to them last night. Bossed the game and it played out like a training exercise at times and the result sees them back on track to an extent.

A massive caveat being this is the worst Chelsea team that I've seen in as many years as I can remember. Did Lampard use a tombola machine to pick the starting 11? Diabolical situation considering the crazy sums of money they've spent. Even Pochettino will have his work cut out for him should he end up at the Bridge.

We need to win tonight, and again on Saturday, and if we put in two big performances and get the results, we go 4 points clear at the top of the table. Knowing that, and with them having to play Newcastle away the next day, Sunday is huge.

I'd much rather be in our position.

Did you see the way their goals were scored? Arsenal must have had the impression they'd wandered into Madame Tussaud's.
“Static” just does not do justice to the way the Chelsea players behaved.
If I were Boehly I'd genuinely want to stop their wages. Except that I'd be feeling pretty sheepish, too, given that I played a major part in getting them all there.

Newcastle will be a much, much sterner test, not least because they've got their own motivation. They're not safe from being caught by United, and although it's highly unlikely, Liverpool are on a roll that could bring them closer. If Arsenal win it, fair play. Newcastle, incidentally, have lost once at home all season, and have conceded exactly half the goals that Arsenal, to cite one case, have at home. They have the fewest goals conceded of anyone barring the rags. What's hamstrung them is the draws. Maybe they'd settle for a draw. But that no good to Arsenal if we beat Leeds, which we really should do.

If the Arse win, I take my hat off, and the scrap, which I'm enjoying, goes on.

Last edited:
Lets get the chelsea game out of the way - they were terrible, probably the worst team i've seen at the emirates this season. Beating them means nothing in terms of arsenal 'being back'. Newcastle will be the real test (who thought we'd be saying that few years ago).

Now onto the city - arsenal game which is what i really wanted to comment on. Firstly, city were excellent and we were lucky to escape only 4-1.

BUT, it wasn't a true reflection of the 2 teams which gives me a bit of comfort. City were at their very best with their first choice 11 on the pitch (correct me if I'm wrong).

On the other hand we've been off form for a while now, Partey didn't look fit and could barely run, and we were missing probably our most important player (Saliba). Before people say it's only 1 player, if affects the whole defence and therefore the whole team. It's not easy to replace a key central defender.

The reality is that to have any chance of beating city, you need your best 11 players on the pitch. We simply do not have the squad to offset top players like Saliba yet.

People might say sour grapes but it still grates that we didn't play you when we should have last year, when you hadn't settled and were far from your best, whilst we were playing excellent. The result may have been different.

For what it's worth i think the league is gone but I want us to be there right to the end, so we have to beat newcastle.

BUT, it wasn't a true reflection of the 2 teams which gives me a bit of comfort. City were at their very best with their first choice 11 on the pitch (correct me if I'm wrong).
Probably not too far off our best 11. Ake would certainly have been in at LB if fit, instead of playing a RCB there. Some would possibly have Foden in our starting 11 as well.

I think there are still some twists and turns left yet. I just hope they go in our favour!

For what it's worth i think the league is gone, I cannot see city slipping up once let alone twice. But I want arsenal to be on your tails right to the end at least, so we have to beat newcastle.

We can probably agree that this w/e is definitely crunch time.
There are a number of permutations.
If we win our match, and you lose yours, then I think it's over, realistically.
If we win, and you win, it's still very much alive.
If we win, and you draw, then I think it's a long shot for you, but stranger things have happened.
If you win, and we draw or — horrors! — lose, then you're right back in it. I'd say that there is virtually no chance of that last scenario, but I'd be afraid of jinxing it because… once a City fan, always a City fan.

Lets get the chelsea game out of the way - they were terrible, probably the worst team i've seen at the emirates this season. Beating them means nothing in terms of arsenal 'being back'. Newcastle will be the real test (who thought we'd be saying that few years ago).

Now onto the city - arsenal game which is what i really wanted to comment on. Firstly, city were excellent and we were lucky to escape only 4-1.

On the other hand we've been off form for a while now, Partey didn't look fit and could barely run, and we were missing probably our most important player (Saliba). Before people say it's only 1 player, if affects the whole defence and therefore the whole team. It's not easy to replace a key central defender.

The reality is that to have any chance of beating city, you need your best 11 players on the pitch. We simply do not have the squad to offset top players like Saliba yet.

People might say sour grapes but it still grates that we didn't play you when we should have last year, when you hadn't settled and were far from your best, whilst we were playing excellent. The result may have been different.

For what it's worth i think the league is gone but I want us to be there right to the end, so we have to beat newcastle.
Horrible club, horrible fans.

Partey probably wasn’t fit cos he’s to busy on his other activities (allegedly).

How has Arteta not been banned for his tantrums.

As for throwing bottles at De bruyne at the Emirates ???

And don’t get me started on the Rwanda sponsorship deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.