Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The World Cup made the first half of the season very strange n’all. It didn’t feel normal. City were poor by our standards. Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham terrible by their standards.

Arsenal were just riding on the crest of a wave when there was no pressure on them and they probably won’t get anywhere near what they’ve done this season, next season.
I wouldn’t be so quick to write them off for next season. They’ll strengthen further for sure. They’re clearly a very good side but like last season they haven’t been able to see it out. Like us, they play high risk football and when that goes wrong it can go spectacularly wrong.

Their drop off in the second half of the season has been incredible. If I remember correctly they had 50 points after 19 games. In the following 16 games they’ve got 31 points which is less than 2 points a game. Me thinks they peaked too soon ;-)
I’ve said this for a while and in previous seasons. We might not be at 100% in the first half of the season. And some fans are not happy when this happens. But we come on strong when the fat lady is starting to sing. Its not a one off. We’ve gone on some monumental runs quite a few times now. As the old saying goes its a marathon, not a sprint!!

Both the squad size and spending over the last 5 years is astounding…..
Chelsea under Boehly might have started off well in that graph, with their heavy spending over the last two windows, but if they want to learn to waste colossal money on shite consistently season after season, they need to look up to the rags.

Young team, I think some of their key players are inconsistent, Martinelli and Saka will help with goals but you need a consistent goal scorer or a few and there is a reason why we let Jesus go their way. They pushed us further than expected tbh.
Yep, if they get someone top class upfront they will be dangerous. If they get a top Keeper and Defender aswell they will be a huge problem.

Odergaard/Martinelli/Saka all young, have huge potential and will get better.

I’ve said this for a while and in previous seasons. We might not be at 100% in the first half of the season. And some fans are not happy when this happens. But we come on strong when the fat lady is starting to sing. Its not a one off. We’ve gone on some monumental runs quite a few times now. As the old saying goes its a marathon, not a sprint!!
Agreed and the catalyst for this run seems to be the levelling of circa 115 charges against City by the Premier League. I'll bet that's not the outcome they (or the red top clubs) expected or hoped for.

I was surprised to hear Sty acknowledging today that we don’t have a big squad.
It’s rather flown under the radar, and given that we’ve rarely had all 16 to call upon, it makes their achievements so far all the more laudable. If we don‘t lose anyone this summer and add 2 solid pros and 2 more competitive youngsters, we could again be ‘fourmidable’ domestically.

I wouldn’t be so quick to write them off for next season. They’ll strengthen further for sure. They’re clearly a very good side but like last season they haven’t been able to see it out. Like us, they play high risk football and when that goes wrong it can go spectacularly wrong.
They have a young squad and a young manager.

They will be a year older and a year wiser next season.

I see no reason why they can’t challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.