Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was an Arsenal fan if be hoping that they stick with the original plan.
22/23 - finish in the top 4 - complete
23/24 - consolidate top 4 position - in progress (youd hope that they are going to address any gaps this summer)
24/25 - challenge for the title and win a cup
25/26 - win the title.

Imo if they set an expectation to win the title next season they are doomed to failure and Arteta will be gone.

Success usually comes from long term planning and losing is as important as winning.

Very good post Tony. I mean, what you posted is what you would have called a textbook plan by Edu and Arteta, and that would have been the type of timescale your talking here, hence why trying to sign young players and have the team grows together to peak in a couple of years.

Having a title challenge this season was just way ahead of schedule. We surprised ourselves, never mind everyone else, because deep down we knew we didn't have the squad for it yet.

Don't get me wrong, once in that position, we should have dealt with it better, don't think anyone would try and deny that. But it is what it is, and at the very least the guys now have experience of pressure and what it takes to challenge at the top end of the league.

I just need to laugh at some of the idiots on social media and that wanting Arteta sacked. It's just attention seeking morons, with no concept of what it takes to build a team / club up. You don't sack a manager who's got the club on an upward trajectory FFS. You think about change when that's run its course and you start to go downwards.

The media have gone for the Gunners throat and gone with bottlers , The media are a horrible bunch of cockwombles.I hate it when they do it to us and dont like when they are harsh to other likable clubs.

The truth is arsenal had a valent shot this year and had a right to get carried away but they will learn as Liverpool did and come back stronger. I feel they ll do good in CL and bounce back, moreso for their fans. If anything its strengthened their fanbase and made them believe again. Only a few players are needed to boost the squad and they will be buzzing!

The scum and Liverpool are way off them, Chelsea and Spurs have fallen too far to catch up....unless Pochi does some miracle work next year. Newcastle like themselves need to tweek with some smart investments and they will be competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.