Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
really hope they start losing some points now.
Soton away, Nottingham home, Chelsea away, Wolves away, Brighton home next 5 until WC break

if they can get 13-15 points from this run of 5 games, thats an incredible first 14 games pretty much with like 13-1-1 record or 14-0-1.

thing is these lower table sides might not raise their game vs Arse yet like it would be us despite on current good form and with the momentum they have Arse might be too good for them.

Brighton is the league cup game, so only got the 4 games to go in the league until the World Cup.

Just happy we've extended our lead over Utd this weekend, I'm still happy with weekends extending leads over any of Spurs, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Clearly the best team this season, so far.

They have an easy run in to the world cup so I expect them to be top at that point.

Reactions: mat
I think they've done brilliantly so far this season, considering the reputation they've garnered over the past few years when it comes to challenging for the big prizes.

That said, I'm not convinced of them keeping up this pace for the whole season. There are signs of them riding their luck...

Yesterday, Bamford misses a penalty for Leeds and they escape with 3 points. Against Liverpool, they receive a penalty to win it which was soft IMO and were second best throughout. Spurs at home, Emerson sells the jersey at 2-1 giving Spurs no chance of getting back into it...

It's early days, but I'd rather these give us a challenge that the other red sides...
Problem Arsenal have is a lack of depth. An injury to either or Partey or Jesus in particular will hurt them. Long season ahead; World Cup........injuries and suspensions are going to catch up with them at some point. They have also objectively had one of the easiest imaginable starts to the season. No away games yet against big teams - other than Man Utd, which they lost. Their fixture list after the World Cup is going to be pretty brutal.

Lets be honest you guys arent worried about us infact I get the feeling most of you want us to stay near cause itll make it less boring for you guys and in the end you know you'll win.

Problem Arsenal have is a lack of depth. An injury to either or Partey or Jesus in particular will hurt them. Long season ahead; World Cup........injuries and suspensions are going to catch up with them at some point. They have also objectively had one of the easiest imaginable starts to the season. No away games yet against big teams - other than Man Utd, which they lost. Their fixture list after the World Cup is going to be pretty brutal.
I see them as a serious threat as things stand, but you could be right about the strength in depth and fixtures in the 2nd half of the season. They'll have Europa League knockout games to play too.

I wouldn't write your lot off either yet Jim, even if some Spurs fans have issues with Conte's style of play. With Arsenal being top and getting a lot of the headlines, Spurs have largely gone under the radar.

While I agree with you Jim about the squad depth, I disagree about the fixtures being the easiest imaginable.

By the time the World Cup comes we'll have played 14 league games, 6 at home and 8 away.

We'll have played Spurs and Liverpool at home and Utd and Chelsea away.

So overall I think that would be just par for the course really, not particularly easy or difficult.

For what they lack in depth they've got in refs this season.

The turnaround in how they are officiated is staggering.

For what they lack in depth they've got in refs this season.

The turnaround in how they are officiated is staggering.
Yes, everything is seemingly going their way except at OT where they got the same treatment we got at Klanfield yesterday. Let down by dodgy officials.

Reactions: mat

As a Gooner, it’s hard to disagree with your analysis - our best hope is top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.