Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

His main issue was that he was pretty shite and overhyped
That's absolutely wrong. ESR has a very high ceiling- he was the better player of the ESR-Saka duo at the time, was picked for England (and scored) but sadly he kept getting injured and when he got fit again he had Odegaard ahead of him in the side and wasn't going to get the minutes, plus Ethan Nwaneri is going to get minutes as he bursts onto the scene. So £30+ million is a no-brainer for Arsenal to take, whilst not necessarily being a bad bit of business for Fulham either.

I hope he does well for Fulham - he's certainly good enough to get back into the England squad if he stays fit. At his best he's certainly at least as good as Gordon/Bowen, although not at the level of Foden/Palmer/Saka so he could provide options.

That's absolutely wrong. ESR has a very high ceiling- he was the better player of the ESR-Saka duo at the time, was picked for England (and scored) but sadly he kept getting injured and when he got fit again he had Odegaard ahead of him in the side and wasn't going to get the minutes, plus Ethan Nwaneri is going to get minutes as he bursts onto the scene. So £30+ million is a no-brainer for Arsenal to take, whilst not necessarily being a bad bit of business for Fulham either.

I hope he does well for Fulham - he's certainly good enough to get back into the England squad if he stays fit. At his best he's certainly at least as good as Gordon/Bowen, although not at the level of Foden/Palmer/Saka so he could provide options.
Swap the name 'ESR' for 'Michael Johnson'
Swap the names 'Odegaard and Nwaneri (whoever t f that is)' for 'Gareth Barry/Nigel DeJong/Patrick Vieira/etc

We've seen a story VERY similar here mate. I fear that ESR has actually peaked mate, despite his earlier "very high ceiling". Hope it works out for him but I think you've had Fulham's pants down to be honest.

It's like Jack Wiltshire and Aaron Ramsey all over again.

Swap the name 'ESR' for 'Michael Johnson'
Swap the names 'Odegaard and Nwaneri (whoever t f that is)' for 'Gareth Barry/Nigel DeJong/Patrick Vieira/etc

We've seen a story VERY similar here mate. I fear that ESR has actually peaked mate, despite his earlier "very high ceiling". Hope it works out for him but I think you've had Fulham's pants down to be honest.

It's like Jack Wiltshire and Aaron Ramsey all over again.
I don’t see your point about Odegaard and Nwaneri (whoever t f that is)' for 'Gareth Barry/Nigel DeJong/Patrick Vieira.

Ødegaard is a creative midfielder, whereas the three City boys were all holding midfielders, though I suppose Paddy V. was really a box-to-box player in his pomp.

I know there might be a bit of a home grown English tax but holy crap if Smith Rose is valued at 34 million what’s Alvarez worth??

He impressed me & then seemed to go off the radar, I can’t understand how he didn’t get a run of games. A lot of money for Fulham but if he does well they’ll get it back but I’m not sure how well he’d have to do for a profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.