Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

And there is a decent chance that could happen.
Now the lunatic that is Klopp has fucked off, Liverpool
are somewhat relatively travelling under the radar. All of the media have now
lumped on Arteta & Arsenal to knock us off our perch.
I thought scruffy Jim was going to do that.

Sometimes I wonder reading these threads wtf is wrong with me. My perspective is this: Arsenal is very strong, one of the best defensive units i have ever seen. And its a great thing. We have a true challenger, which makes things exciting, which makes things historic. No point to downplay anybody. Win over great teams and you are ultimate boss. You are a legend, you are the history of the game. And we are able to do that. Would be massive and its great to be witnessing such a race one fixture at the time.

why have arsenal suddenly got this thing that they have a "rock solid defence", they've let 5 goals in in 6 games, the same as fulham, spurs and forest, we've let 6 in 6, liverpool have let 2 in , why has the narrative started ?

That's a very good question
you guys serious?:D I mean, the answer is really painful for You - You apparently did not watch Arsenal. Simple.

Worse part is it includes our 2-2 game. They lost 2 goals, including first cause of poor defending (but I prefere to tell its been great work by Savio and Haaland), but they were great defensively when one man down

I've got a colleague who is a PSG fan, he travelled from France for the game yesterday, these were his comments (I always like to get comments from fans of other teams where there isn't a natural rivalry);

'Arsenal is super good man Ruthless in Defense , Clinical in Offense and do all the small things perefectly Playing like a prime Italian team from the 90s In the end you scored on 2 GK mistakes. We touched the crossbars twice. BUT you were always calm and somehow in Control. We could have played 4 more hours without scoring Declan Rice rugby tackle Marquinhos in the box. I ain't even mad, Declan helped Marquinohs back up and joked with the referee and moved on -> Prime van bommel shit, I admire this. Arsenal is ready to wina UCL Very very solid team. Easily top 3 right now in europe. Maybe #1 on a two legs format. PSG is still in early stage of its rebuilding. The team is very young and has talent, but many flaws too. The coach needs more time. Like Arteta needed time'
Who. Gives. A. Fuck

Sometimes I wonder reading these threads wtf is wrong with me. My perspective is this: Arsenal is very strong, one of the best defensive units i have ever seen. And its a great thing. We have a true challenger, which makes things exciting, which makes things historic. No point to downplay anybody. Win over great teams and you are ultimate boss. You are a legend, you are the history of the game. And we are able to do that. Would be massive and its great to be witnessing such a race one fixture at the time.
Arsenal are indeed a strong team but they are resorting to gamesmanship which makes them hard to respect as opponents. We had the same thing with Liverpool with the Mane thuggery, bus attack and dodgy refereeing performances.
If we were to lose the league it would be nice for it to be to a team that played with good sportsmanship. I may be wearing skyblue tinted specs but I think City have been successful playing to the true spirit of the game.

you guys serious?:D I mean, the answer is really painful for You - You apparently did not watch Arsenal. Simple.

Worse part is it includes our 2-2 game. They lost 2 goals, including first cause of poor defending (but I prefere to tell its been great work by Savio and Haaland), but they were great defensively when one man down
Well, I suppose if you consider putting all 10 men in your own 18 yard box being 'great defensively' then...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.