Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

If only there was some way we could find out.....

Anyway, loving the early season bullishness. However based on what I've seen from my time on here a large number of you will have a massive flounce on the matchday thread the instant some team burgles a point at the Etihad saying the title has gone and 'this is on Pep' lol.
I don’t see the match day threads because I’m at the match. I assume you follow our threads because you’re not at the match and you are a sad bastard.

That’ll be what defines the season really. Perhaps you need a Saka backup that is right footed and can beat a man on the outside too.

Not sure you need a mega striker as you score enough goals, but they can’t hurt if any become available.
They could do with a right sided attacker that isn’t on the floor all the time.

I think that's the point, he comes in and provides options.

You say you don't have a best starting XI but you do have some outfield players who, if fit, are in your starting XI against all but the weakest sides. Haaland, Rodri, KDB, Foden, Stones. You may rotate other places but those boys are nailed on to play against any PL team from mid table onwards. So 5 outfield players.

Last season we had to play the same starting XI a lot because of squad depth and injury to Timber but this season, bringing in extra players hopefully alleviates that. However, if we put Arsenal in the same scenario as above this season (playing any decent side) it's nailed on that Saliba, Odegaard, Rice, Saka and White start. Again that's 5, same as City. The idea is that Calafiori can replace either Gabriel at CB or play LB, Merino can slot in midfield but so can Partey, Jorginho, Nwaneri. Jurrien Timber is a superb player who can play anywhere across the back line or in midfield.

What we don't have is decent cover for Saka. City for sure have more options up front.

I get it that Arteta tends to play the same starting XI every game, and for sure Saka gets gassed in particular. Nwaneri is potentially a better player than Saka but is only 17 so not this season. But Arteta does have options this season to mix it up a bit.

We can slice it and dice it all we want but the reality is the main difference between the sides is Pep and Rodri. Aside them Arsenal are better at the back than City, but City have better offensive weapons. But the reality is, Pep is the GOAT tactically and Rodri can dominate a match and lock up midfield. So if Arsenal and City went head to head and were both at 100%, City would most likely win because of those factors. But because the PL isn't based on 1 match, Arteta is trying to boost the average level of performance in each game so we eke out an extra point here and there. If that's not enough to win the league, so be it, we're up against a fantastic team. In fact, ok, I'm a Gooner and think the invincibles were an unbelievable team with some all time great players but they never won the CL or a treble. So on that basis this City side is the greatest PL side there's ever been. The facts back that up.

So in that context it's like being the guy who finishes 2nd to Usain Bolt - sometimes if you've done your best and maximised your performance and you still can't beat the opponent then you have to respect that.
Stick your neck out. How many Premier League games will Nwaneri start? Play in? More than or equal to one? Two?

So who do you leave out for this superman to allow you to get in our half? Odegaard? Saka? plodder? You never got out of your half because you were shit scared of us! Arsenal, the personification of shithouses.
I've clocked a few 'responses' to my posts you've made in short succession and I'm going out on a limb and assuming you've enjoyed a couple of beers this afternoon lol!

That's a big win for Arsenal they'll looked very cagy nervous but once they scored it was a comfortable win! they got bit lucky with the Villa misses but that's football! It's going to the wire again!

Both teams now have won away to a team that beat them last season!
So a Draw is a defeat for us then?

I've clocked a few 'responses' to my posts you've made in short succession and I'm going out on a limb and assuming you've enjoyed a couple of beers this afternoon lol!
Actually none. Just get a little peeved when fans of shithouse clubs disrespect the finest club this country has ever seen.
Arsenal were shithouses the first time I saw you live (1969) and you have never changed.
Also, if I’d had twenty pints I’d be steadier on my feet than Saka.

Last edited:
Actually none. Just get a little peeved when fans of shithouse clubs disrespect the finest club this country has ever seen.
Arsenal were shithouses the first time I saw you live (1969) and you have never changed.
Also, if I’d had twenty pints I’d be steadier on my feet than Saka.
I'm not sure where you've seen me disrespect City? I'm not sure I've done that once on here and it isn't my intention to start now either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.