Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

I'm not sure where you've seen me disrespect City? I'm not sure I've done that once on here and it isn't my intention to start now either.

Keep posting pal, it is good to hear alternative views and views from other clubs fans.

For the record I think it will go to the wire again. I still think we will slightly edge it as a squad but we’re talking fine margins and if our motivations drop slightly that could be the difference to swing it in your favour.

One area we seem really strong this year is creative options in the midfield, wing positions. When we talk of fatigue in football it’s often more the mental side and impacts on the more creative players. The passing gets slower, it becomes less incisive and therefore less likely to breakdown the parked bus the top sides invariably face.

I do wonder if Arsenal have enough options in these positions and if Arteta will rotate to keep the mind fresh.

Still great start and although Arsenal were not at their best against Villa, those are 3 massive points and a potential banana skin for other clubs competing for the title.

I'm not sure where you've seen me disrespect City? I'm not sure I've done that once on here and it isn't my intention to start now either.
Tbf some of your posts err on the side of slightly disrespectful but i think thats down to your continual praise of arsenal (understandable as an arsenal fan) but unjustified at present and obviously in this setting goes down like saka ;), imagine if i went on arsenal fan board and justifiably said that rice isnt in the same league as rodri, foden is miles ahead of saka etc etc can you imagine the response id get

Tbf some of your posts err on the side of slightly disrespectful but i think thats down to your continual praise of arsenal (understandable as an arsenal fan) but unjustified at present and obviously in this setting goes down like saka ;), imagine if i went on arsenal fan board and justifiably said that rice isnt in the same league as rodri, foden is miles ahead of saka etc etc can you imagine the response id get
Ok well I'll keep an eye on the tone of my posts but for the record I've never said Rice is better than Rodri for the plain and simple reason that he isn't- Rodri is the best CM on the planet.

The 'world class save' one was worse. Good reaction by the keeper to get back up, but they train for that every session. It was a shockingly bad header into an open goal.
Yes, I agree.

The first chance was the one that came to mind.

He'll play at 6. I reckon our midfield will then be him plus Rice and Odegaard ahead of him with Saka on the right and either Martinelli, Trossard or Jesus on the left and Havertz up top. By October I reckon this will be the line upView attachment 129272
Why anyone thinks Rice is anything other than a good CDM is beyond me. As a 6 he’d be a very good backup for Rodri. As An 8 or 10, nowhere near good enough to be in a top team.

It was common wisdom that we needed a striker this window as well as cover for Saka. Instead we've sold a striker, sold an attacking midfielder, loaned out the cover for Saka, signed 3 goalkeepers whilst selling another keeper, and then signed a left back and a defensive midfielder.

confused.com

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.