Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Lets be honest, they are a good team, however they set about winning. Looks like they are being more pragmatic this season after trying to copy our way of playing and are ensuring that they have a solid foundation so that they are more solid. They will be and are a threat, just because they don't play as sexy football as us (who does) we must not underestimate them
I don't think anyone will underestimate them, they will be worthy opponents: but my issue is with the way they play - it's like Arteta has followed every trick in Mourinho's book of dark arts. The feigning of injury is the first thing you notice. It seems that not one Arsenal player is capable of remaining vertical for more than a few seconds, Saka in particular appears to want to spend most of the match writhing around on the pitch pretending he's had a leg amputated without an anaesthetic. And he is never called up for it. The second thing is the blatant time-wasting, this is almost as bad as their injury feigning. 20 seconds for a goal kick, another 20 seconds for a throw-in, substitutions take the best part of two minutes - even the straightforward like-for-like. And if they go a goal up forget any hopes of seeing a football match: they'll just get 10 men behind the ball and run the clock down.

If you're a gooner you will defend Arteta for this, you will try to justify this absolutely appalling way to play the game. Fair enough. But I would be embarrassed if I was a supporter of a club whose only aim seems to be not to lose.

I don't think anyone will underestimate them, they will be worthy opponents: but my issue is with the way they play - it's like Arteta has followed every trick in Mourinho's book of dark arts. The feigning of injury is the first thing you notice. It seems that not one Arsenal player is capable of remaining vertical for more than a few seconds, Saka in particular appears to want to spend most of the match writhing around on the pitch pretending he's had a leg amputated without an anaesthetic. And he is never called up for it. The second thing is the blatant time-wasting, this is almost as bad as their injury feigning. 20 seconds for a goal kick, another 20 seconds for a throw-in, substitutions take the best part of two minutes - even the straightforward like-for-like. And if they go a goal up forget any hopes of seeing a football match: they'll just get 10 men behind the ball and run the clock down.

If you're a gooner you will defend Arteta for this, you will try to justify this absolutely appalling way to play the game. Fair enough. But I would be embarrassed if I was a supporter of a club whose only aim seems to be not to lose.
I've noticed if they fancy a break someone just sits down and the ref stops the match. Saka did it yesterday.

Lets be honest, they are a good team, however they set about winning. Looks like they are being more pragmatic this season after trying to copy our way of playing and are ensuring that they have a solid foundation so that they are more solid. They will be and are a threat, just because they don't play as sexy football as us (who does) we must not underestimate them
got no problem with that, what i do have a problem with is arteta bitching about it when people play against them the same way they play.

Really pleased with digging out a result with a depleted side against a team whose cup final is against us.

Thought Timber did well against the best right winger in the PL*. Maryinelli missed a good chance but otherwise did well against the best right back in Europe*. And our centre backs kept out the £65m striker who is better than Haaland*. Job done.

*According to Tottenham fans.

Really pleased with digging out a result with a depleted side against a team whose cup final is against us.

Thought Timber did well against the best right winger in the PL*. Maryinelli missed a good chance but otherwise did well against the best right back in Europe*. And our centre backs kept out the £65m striker who is better than Haaland*. Job done.

You do realise you've already lost the title don't you

Who is Mary Inelli? :)

Not even spurs fans are that deluded. Good 3 points for you though, sets up Sunday nicely but fully expect a similar Arsenal setup to last season which makes for a dour game.

Arse's dark arts need HIGHLIGHTING before Sundays game.

Every delaying tactic known to man ....
Goal kicks
Free kicks
Throw ins
Feigned injuries
Coaching time outs
Substitutions.

If the ref times them all throughout the game there’ll be an extra 20 minutes.

The key is to clamp down on them early with 1 warning then an immediate yellow.

The chicken shits won’t come and attack us, they’ll sit behind the ball with a very physical game plan but fall to the floor if a breeze blows.

The fans must create an intense and hostile atmosphere and ensure that the ref is pressured into hammering arse on every occasion.

He’s no Pep Guardiola, that’s for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.