Arsenal Thread | 2024/25

Really pleased with digging out a result with a depleted side against a team whose cup final is against us.

Thought Timber did well against the best right winger in the PL*. Maryinelli missed a good chance but otherwise did well against the best right back in Europe*. And our centre backs kept out the £65m striker who is better than Haaland*. Job done.

*According to Tottenham fans.
I bet Littlewoods fans will have something to say about that.

Really pleased with digging out a result with a depleted side against a team whose cup final is against us.

Thought Timber did well against the best right winger in the PL*. Maryinelli missed a good chance but otherwise did well against the best right back in Europe*. And our centre backs kept out the £65m striker who is better than Haaland*. Job done.

Was crap mate

Like watching two local park teams.

Not even spurs fans are that deluded. Good 3 points for you though, sets up Sunday nicely but fully expect a similar Arsenal setup to last season which makes for a dour game.

That's the way a team can actually get something from us is sit deep don't commit to many players forward positions, play on the break will get better chances and set pieces can be productive! we go one up they won't change how they play till last 5/10 mins of the game then try to get something! We go 2 up be interesting how they play!

Thought you was playing Tottenham not Liverpool

Not even spurs fans are that deluded. Good 3 points for you though, sets up Sunday nicely but fully expect a similar Arsenal setup to last season which makes for a dour game.
I suspect Pep will have examined last season's game and will try to add more width this time. Ben White can be vulnerable at one on ones so there's the weakness there. If City try to play through the middle they'll come against an immovable wall of Gabriel and Saliba so that's why I think Savinho will be key for you this time and try to beat White on overlaps and get the ball in from wide positions or cut inside and take a shot. Arsenal were weak last season at left back but Timber has come in and is a big upgrade on what we had last year.

Arsenal will try and target the City right back position. Also they'll go long to Havertz who is a handful in the air, plus obviously Arsenal are lethal at set pieces so I'm sure Pep will be on at the defenders to minimise free kicks and corners. City will clean up in the middle of the park assuming Rodri is at full fitness so I don't see Arsenal playing through the City lines in the middle.

For obvious reasons City need to score first. You'd not want to be in the position you were vs Brentford and go a goal down against Arsenal. I make City favourites to win and I'd absolutely bite your hand off for a draw.

That's the way a team can actually get something from us is sit deep don't commit to many players forward positions, play on the break will get better chances and set pieces can be productive! we go one up they won't change how they play till last 5/10 mins of the game then try to get something! We go 2 up be interesting how they play!
Yeah that’s exactly how I see it. The emphasis will be totally on us to break them down and play a lot better than we did last season at home against them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.