Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

digaf.gif

Didsbury Dave said:
Some of us knew better than to waste a day trekking down there.
I'm only 1/2 hour away by train, and I wasn't bothering wasting my money on it, its never been a proper fixture for me, the football world like it because it opens the season. I bet if you ask both managers they'd say it was a bit of a hinderance to pre-season because it gets hyped up by the media, far better to play a low key friendly than this game.

If they want to have this game mean something, they should find a date within the season, get a decent trophy, and play it somewhere neutral that doesn't incovenience one set of fans (or two as it did in 2011), in my opinion.

br62 said:
The utter negativity, depression and pessimism of so many members on this forum is mind boggling.....it's no fun anymore.

I therefore propose that 2 bluemoon boards are created for the future.

ONE for the depressed, miserable and negative group who can whine all day to their heart's content.....and

ONE for the more moderate, positive and upbeat group......which would be so much more enjoyable to be part of.

Maybe someone can come up with proper titles for these two boards.

You can call the second board Bluemoan.

I take cheques!

jimharri said:
br62 said:
The utter negativity, depression and pessimism of so many members on this forum is mind boggling.....it's no fun anymore.

ONE for the depressed, miserable and negative group who can whine all day to their heart's content.....and

ONE for the more moderate, positive and upbeat group......which would be so much more enjoyable to be part of.

If you don't like the current format of the forum, you can always log off. No barbed wire or guards around here.

He's right though....this place is laughable for pessimistic over-reaction. You've been guilty yourself in the past on many occasions when you should know better.

Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:
br62 said:

If you don't like the current format of the forum, you can always log off. No barbed wire or guards around here.

He's right though....this place is laughable for pessimistic over-reaction. You've been guilty yourself in the past on many occasions when you should know better.

That's the Irish for you.

That was so bad it was hilarious. Next week is for real though so only then will we see where we stand.

As for Willy, nice chap and all that, but he is about 3 feet tall with a passing resemblance to Dobby the house elf which is a bit of a concern. The height that is. Looking like Dobby the house elf is fine. Not many can pull the look of but Willy can.

Nasri should never play against arsenal unless at home. Last season at emirates it was pretty clear that his performance was affected by the booing rabble. Maybe Clichy too, although i thnk sagna is tougher.

Silva is still our most important player creatively. Imo one of the reasons we won the league last season even with aguero missing half the season was that Silva was there.

Yaya, i hope he changes his mindset. He doesn't look fit, and someone needs to talk to him. All fair if he gets back to 13-14 mode, but city should be looking to get a long term replacement next season.

Fernando still needs to impress. Not slagging him off, I trust txiki and fernandinbo had a slow start too, but his passing needs to improve a bit and he needs to be better positionally (again, maybe down to match sharpeness). His acceleration is also slow, though he has more pace than Garcia. Hopefully will prove to be an upgrade.

Clichy had many poor passes. Whther that's down to being played at right back, i don't know.

boyata not good enough, nasty needs an experienced partner

jovetic and dzeko positives

worried about first choice defence not getting chance to regain some match sharpness, hopefully management knows what it is doing.

Disappointed by city's attitude though

Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:
br62 said:

Nice to know I'm being stalked. If I think the team has played shite, I'll say so. is that okay with you? Watching that non-performance today, I'm not in the mood to be a happy clapper tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.