Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

I thought, and still do, that those eleven players were good enough to beat Arsenal. The match was, though, literally a training exercise for City, concerned with protecting players who haven't had a preseason from injury and getting more minutes into the legs of those who could play. Today's players were not match sharp, and it trminded me of the community shield of 2011 against the rags. They clearly wanted the win, City wanted to sharpen up, and we lost 3-2 after leading 2-0 at HT. The weekend after we demolished Swansea 4-0 and went on to win the title. This season is further complicated by the chaos the WC inflicts on preseason, and in 2010 we didn't get going until the end of September. Pellers is handling all these problems to enable we miniise the number of points dropped in the early PL matches and that meant that today was not a priority.

I'm not going to denigrate Arsenal, they're a good team, but today proved, yet again, that they have a core of the most vile fans in the world.

jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:
Nice to know I'm being stalked. If I think the team has played shite, I'll say so. is that okay with you? Watching that non-performance today, I'm not in the mood to be a happy clapper tonight.

Stalking me? LOL....Say hello to "Kaz" for me "Jimbo".
I wouldn't presume to know a fraction of the stuff she's posted on here. You, on the other hand, seem to be aware of a lot of the stuff (nonsense and otherwise) that I post. Bit of a difference. But hey; if that's what you want to believe, I don't think anything I'll say will change your mind.

I've no idea if you posted the same nonsense after heavily losing a pre-season game to Arsenal last year?...Did you?

kippax kid said:
mcfc2607 said:
kippax kid said:
Not worried at all by today , next week we will see a true shift put in by us , look its going to be a very hard start to the season and we ARE going to drop points in the next 10weeks so what ! Keep your nerve, We have 9months to go , we will be fine so Stop flapping :)
I can't believe you had to put "stop flapping " before the season's even begun. Yep its sad but true ! It was a game that means feekall and people are in bit of a panic , we just need to chill and set are selves for next away at the Toon !!!

Absolutely ridiculous.[
In the grander scheme of things, I agree. Just the two things though (for now!);
It's bit of a letdown for all those blues who shelled out their hard earned to travel down to Wembley. Yes; it was their choice. But they're entitled to expect the team to put in a decent performance. If we lose, we lose. It happens. But at least give the impression that you're trying. That's all most blues want; that the team tries. And also, it's a worry that most of our ''A-listers'' will not have had a game before the season starts next weekend. Today would have been an ideal opportunity to get a bit of game time into their legs. Still; as I was told in the match thread, our medical staff know infinitely more than I do about how best to prepare our players for the rigours of the new season.

Davs 19 said:
karen7 said:
jimharri said:
I wouldn't presume to know a fraction of the stuff she's posted on here. You, on the other hand, seem to be aware of a lot of the stuff (nonsense and otherwise) that I post. Bit of a difference. But hey; if that's what you want to believe, I don't think anything I'll say will change your mind.

Ignore the twat

Beat me to it ;.)

Fucking hell the gang's out.....Where's my mate 'yeah whatever !!' :)

Sat behind the goals this afternoon.
Arsenal first to every 50/50 ball and thoroughly deserved the win.
We showed very little up front but we gave the ball away so often we were on the back foot for most of the game.

Toure didn't look fit but put in a decent effort.
Arsenal picked us off on the break with precision passes. We managed one similar break all game.

Disappointed all in all. A good 30K City fans paid good money to support them, they deserved a better performance.

More Arsenal fans than City but not by a massive amount. No surprise given the proximity.

Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
Stalking me? LOL....Say hello to "Kaz" for me "Jimbo".

I've no idea if you posted the same nonsense after heavily losing a pre-season game to Arsenal last year?...Did you?
Can't remember, to be honest. I post that much stuff and nonsense on here (on all sorts of subjects) that most of it tends to get lost in the blur of keyboard strokes. To try to answer your question though; probably. Any time we lose a game, it annoys me. Perhaps I let it affect me more than it should, but that's me. I find it hard to shrug off a defeat, even in a relatively meaningless game like today's. If that annoys you, I apologise. I doubt there's that much of the stuff I post on here is posted to deliberately antagonise another poster. It may seem that way (!), but it honestly isn't.

Just want to point out.

1. We're the current champions.

2. It was a friendly.

3. We're the current champions.

Now please try and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:

Can't remember, to be honest. I post that much stuff and nonsense on here (on all sorts of subjects) that most of it tends to get lost in the blur of keyboard strokes. To try to answer your question though; probably. Any time we lose a game, it annoys me. Perhaps I let it affect me more than it should, but that's me. I find it hard to shrug off a defeat, even in a relatively meaningless game like today's. If that annoys you, I apologise. I doubt there's that much of the stuff I post on here is posted to deliberately antagonise another poster. It may seem that way (!), but it honestly isn't.

Ok, fair enough. I hate fucking hate losing too but a meaningless game like this with half a squad missing is hardly worth stressing about. Can you call your posse off me now, ta.....

jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
jimharri said:

I find most things Jimharri posts to be pretty sensible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.