Arsenal v City (Community Shield) Post Match Thread

Absolute sh*te in the first half especially - players couldn't be 'arsed' to run and track back when we lost possession. F*cking disgraceful to watch top pros getting paid a fortune put in such a lacklustre effort when we as fans pay a lot of Money to travel down and watch them .... I hope some of those players get a rocket up their arses!!!!

Also Nastasic looks like he has gone backwards on that performance, he looks like he has no confidence ....

Davs 19 said:
Sky Blue said:
Davs 19 said:
Beat me to it ;.)

Fucking hell the gang's out.....Where's my mate 'yeah whatever !!' :)

You need to chill and get a sense of humour......it's an internet footie forum, don't take seriously.

Or do, if you like the conflict........whatever ;.)

Yes I know....hence my tongue-in-cheek last comment.

jimharri said:
kippax kid said:
I can't believe you had to put "stop flapping " before the season's even begun. Yep its sad but true ! It was a game that means feekall and people are in bit of a panic , we just need to chill and set are selves for next away at the Toon !!!

Absolutely ridiculous.[
In the grander scheme of things, I agree. Just the two things though (for now!);
It's bit of a letdown for all those blues who shelled out their hard earned to travel down to Wembley. Yes; it was their choice. But they're entitled to expect the team to put in a decent performance. If we lose, we lose. It happens. But at least give the impression that you're trying. That's all most blues want; that the team tries. And also, it's a worry that most of our ''A-listers'' will not have had a game before the season starts next weekend. Today would have been an ideal opportunity to get a bit of game time into their legs. Still; as I was told in the match thread, our medical staff know infinitely more than I do about how best to prepare our players for the rigours of the new season.
Look its just our players now see that match as a warm-up and that's it, no-one today from City played at a 100% . Now for the fan that made the trip ( I did v Rags a few years ago ) its a sad trip Home , but these lads Will put in a shift twice as hard for the next 9months so I'm not worried at all , bring on the new Season COME ON CITY!

Sky Blue said:
Davs 19 said:
Sky Blue said:
Fucking hell the gang's out.....Where's my mate 'yeah whatever !!' :)

You need to chill and get a sense of humour......it's an internet footie forum, don't take seriously.

Or do, if you like the conflict........whatever ;.)

Yes I know....hence my tongue-in-cheek last comment.

Touché.................

A good analogy on the press pass on talkshite by Paddy Barclay, ''City had the attitude today of Kate Moss being given a mop and told by the householder to clean the kitchen''
Thought that was quite good for that twat but i'm easily pleased

blueste41 said:
jimharri said:
Sky Blue said:
I've no idea if you posted the same nonsense after heavily losing a pre-season game to Arsenal last year?...Did you?
Can't remember, to be honest. I post that much stuff and nonsense on here (on all sorts of subjects) that most of it tends to get lost in the blur of keyboard strokes. To try to answer your question though; probably. Any time we lose a game, it annoys me. Perhaps I let it affect me more than it should, but that's me. I find it hard to shrug off a defeat, even in a relatively meaningless game like today's. If that annoys you, I apologise. I doubt there's that much of the stuff I post on here is posted to deliberately antagonise another poster. It may seem that way (!), but it honestly isn't.

I find most things Jimharri posts to be pretty sensible.
Look; I've already paid off a couple of posters to ride to my rescue (and they don't come cheap). I can't afford to bribe you as well. As for you other two, leave Sky Blue alone. He's a blue like the rest of us. Leave your venom for our quiet neighbours.

Is that okay SB?

jimharri said:
kippax kid said:
I can't believe you had to put "stop flapping " before the season's even begun. Yep its sad but true ! It was a game that means feekall and people are in bit of a panic , we just need to chill and set are selves for next away at the Toon !!!

Absolutely ridiculous.[
In the grander scheme of things, I agree. Just the two things though (for now!);
It's bit of a letdown for all those blues who shelled out their hard earned to travel down to Wembley. Yes; it was their choice. But they're entitled to expect the team to put in a decent performance. If we lose, we lose. It happens. But at least give the impression that you're trying. That's all most blues want; that the team tries. And also, it's a worry that most of our ''A-listers'' will not have had a game before the season starts next weekend. Today would have been an ideal opportunity to get a bit of game time into their legs. Still; as I was told in the match thread, our medical staff know infinitely more than I do about how best to prepare our players for the rigours of the new season.

TrueBlue1705 said:
Absolute sh*te in the first half especially - players couldn't be 'arsed' to run and track back when we lost possession. F*cking disgraceful to watch top pros getting paid a fortune put in such a lacklustre effort when we as fans pay a lot of Money to travel down and watch them .... I hope some of those players get a rocket up their arses!!!!

Also Nastasic looks like he has gone backwards on that performance, he looks like he has no confidence ....

Perhaps they put in a lacklustre performance because they've been working their socks off in pre season and carried some fatigue into the game?

You also have to bear in mind that Arsenal have a vital CL qualification tie coming up and will have tailored their pre season to ensure they're sharp at the start of the season. Something that might cost them later in the season

Damien10 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
Damien10 said:
I never compared the two windows. I am well aware that it was impossible this time round
round. However it is a shame.
What are you expecting even without the ban? We scored nearly 170 goals and won a double. We are only ever going to do similar to what we have done already
You can always improve. You are a moron if you think the club couldn't of improved.
We have improved.....
Sagna > Richards
Caballero > Panti
Fernando > Garcia
Lampard > Rodwell
Mangala > any cb other than Kompany.

But yes we could have signed Messi, Ronaldo, Bale etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.