Arsenal v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Let's mean it

about time there was some positive stuff! Honestly I would go for Tevez and Dzeko up front but I feel that with everyone writing off Mario, he will respond in the perfect way, at least I hope so.

Don't want to put a downer on things , but how often do we do well in Sunday fixtures ??

It's as though we take the 'day of rest' idea a bit too far in most of them , and come unstuck all too often ...

having said that we really NEED to be winning this game , and i'm sure our depleted squad know that only too well .....

so here's hoping for the best !

Blue Haze said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ric said:
Can't see us winning on Sunday, our record away at Arsenal is absolutely dire, and we'll miss Yaya, Nasri and Aguero badly. 1-0 to the Arsenal written all over it.

It does make you think,this 'incredible' squad we have assembled and yet we lose 3 players and many,myself included,believe we are fucked........

It's also weird that clubs like Fulham and Norwich play Arsenal knowing they can get 3 points out of them, and we go in thinking it's near impossible.

correct

celf said:
Blue Haze said:
FantasyIreland said:
It does make you think,this 'incredible' squad we have assembled and yet we lose 3 players and many,myself included,believe we are fucked........

It's also weird that clubs like Fulham and Norwich play Arsenal knowing they can get 3 points out of them, and we go in thinking it's near impossible.

correct

Absolutely true .....

and Swansea won at Arsenal too !

The rags , for their part , never expect to lose at the Emirates .....

1. Put the ball up for Edin to nod it in, couple of blokes crashing the box behind, just in case, Arsenal's defence kippered as per this season.

2. Don't give them a second on the ball. They get flustered very quickly.

3. Don't over-mark Ballsacker if they get a corner.

Agree to this ^

Forget about winning this match. Time after time, we fail to pressurize, penetrate and ultimately create the goal scoring chances which we need. The last time we totally outclassed and demolished Arsenal was that 4-1 encounter at the Etihad when Adebayour infamously streaked 100m for his celebration.

Apart from that, it seems to be that 1-0 is the preferred outcome. Etihad last year and this year is no difference. Why are we struggling against them? Mancini needs to get his tactics spot on and show some variety to our normal style of play that has seen us struggle year in, year out.

This means keeping Balotelli on the bench. He is enigmatic, but has had little football and will lack the match fitness we need up front to press the Arsenal backline for sustained periods. I want to see the Dzeko/Tevez combination deployed. I also want to see Barry, Garcia and Milner in a 3 man midfield, with Silva playing in the central attacking role we know.

Something like this:
--------Barry--------Milner---------Garcia-----------
-----------Silva--------------Tevez------------------
----------------------Dzeko--------------------------

I believe this will provide us with added variety in the form of our shape. We have sufficient defensive cover and the potential for Milner to spray cross field passes (if he is on form) to Zaba and Clichy on either flank. This will shift the Arsenal defenders wider which will hopefully create the space for silva/tevez centrally. In this formation, Milner also has the potential to run forward to create an overload on their central defenders. Albeit a minor adjustment, could be a nice change and added dimension to finally perform well!

celf said:
will be a resilient performance IMO hart zabba VK nasty clichy milner barry garcia silva tev and silva......1-0 city with balo getting a good run too
How many silva's do you want "silva tev and silva"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.