Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jefr said:
Are there any away fan friendly (or mixed) pubs , other than the Drayton arms, within walking distance of the ground? - have not read the rest of the thread so apologies for my laziness

Not really. I'd suggest drinking centrally in London and then getting the tube to Arsenal. Pubs in Holloway Road are for Arsenal fans and if you wear colours you won't be allowed in.

Drayton Arms is the away fans pub, is close to the ground and gets packed.

No boring background details necessary but where's the best pub in Manchester to watch it on TV ? I have a pass out to watch it then meet up with wife and daughter at full time !!!!

Gillespie said:
jefr said:
Are there any away fan friendly (or mixed) pubs , other than the Drayton arms, within walking distance of the ground? - have not read the rest of the thread so apologies for my laziness

Not really. I'd suggest drinking centrally in London and then getting the tube to Arsenal. Pubs in Holloway Road are for Arsenal fans and if you wear colours you won't be allowed in.

Drayton Arms is the away fans pub, is close to the ground and gets packed.
Cheers fella ! I was only asking because I know how packed that place gets haha

Gillespie said:
bluevengence said:
GaudinoMotors said:
If I can just add my customary post of doom and gloom.
3 - 0 to Arse (it worked on Tuesday).

We didn't play the Tarquins tues

Funny this use of Tarquins to describe Arsenal fans. It was started a few years back on TalkSport by Terry Christian. Seems you City fans are the only ones to adopt it.

I don't know any Tarquins but in my group of Gooners who go to the Emirates there is a Tom, Jim, Ernie, Mavis, Ed, George, Bill and Neil.

What would an appropriate soubriquet be for City fans? Alberts?

Fits though

Mike S said:
No boring background details necessary but where's the best pub in Manchester to watch it on TV ? I have a pass out to watch it then meet up with wife and daughter at full time !!!!

There is a bit of a forum meet up (details in cellar) they will be watching the game

Gillespie said:
bluevengence said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Funny this use of Tarquins to describe Arsenal fans. It was started a few years back on TalkSport by Terry Christian. Seems you City fans are the only ones to adopt it.

I don't know any Tarquins but in my group of Gooners who go to the Emirates there is a Tom, Jim, Ernie, Mavis, Ed, George, Bill and Neil.

You'd be hard pressed to find a soubriquet in Manchester, mate. We don't tend to go in for that sort of thing.

City. As in we are City.

You Tarquins, us City

It's very simple.

mammutly said:
Gillespie said:
bluevengence said:

You'd be hard pressed to find a soubriquet in Manchester, mate. We don't tend to go in for that sort of thing.

City. As in we are City.

You Tarquins, us City

It's very simple.

Sou... What? Eckythump! I'll go t'th foot of our stairs.

Anyway, what's this bollocks from AW about FFP? He's just envious that we have a billionaire who spends on the team and they have two who wont!

Gillespie said:
bluevengence said:
GaudinoMotors said:

''Bertie'' for short, yeah?

BlueAnorak said:
History is against us. Wins up the Arse in league games are as rare as rocking horse manure. We broke a really bad run last season with a 2-0 win. Prior to that the last win was 3-2 in 1976. The only other win was a LC win in 2011.

From 1979-2010 we were shit for 90% of the time.

If you look at it from 2010-2013 it is much better!!!

Gillespie said:
bluevengence said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Well we can certainly switch to calling you all Mavis if that's what you really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.