Arsenal v City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must-win game for us.
The one-game-we-can-afford-to-lose card should be against Liverpool, seeing as to how strong they are at the moment.
I'll be hoping Chelsea and Liverpool will drop more points in their games to give us more breathing space..

German Blues said:
Jesus Christ, this is really fucking early. Off to the airport now. Must be crazy... City!!

Safe journey blue, we're flying in 2 hours

sincity said:
Must-win game for us.
The one-game-we-can-afford-to-lose card should be against Liverpool, seeing as to how strong they are at the moment.
I'll be hoping Chelsea and Liverpool will drop more points in their games to give us more breathing space..

Liverpool can beat BOTH City and Chelsea and STILL not win the League! However, we need to win today, then worry about each game individually. I'm a bit concerned about a crystal palace away, as Pulis likes to play as negative and hard nosed as possible against us....and will be desperate for a point. I remember the CP game at the Etihad, which brought our rampant scoring run to a screeching halt! Throw in Everyon away, and even BEATING The Arse and Scousers does NOT win us the league! We have to AT LEAST MATCH Chelsea's result at Liverpool (and if it is a loss, then Liverpool have to crop up somewhere else), so that Everyon away does not become a "must win!" They are looking to grab that fourth spot from Arsenal, especially if we do both of us a favor on Saturday!

What an excellent run in! We SHOULD be at the top with the games still in hand, but a few bad performances early in the season have shown just how cut throat it is this year! Hart's howler at Chelsea is looking bigger and bigger as the season wears on. That was a 3 point swing to them. Had that stayed a draw, we would now be top on GD with two games in hand! However, scraping that win against Liverpool at the Etihad is also looking like a great win! I remember that game and everyone saying they were the best team we had played at home for a while!

COME ON CITY!!!

It's about us taking control of our own destiny now. I have no doubt in my mind that we are the best team. We have great players all over the pitch and no obvious weaknesses, unlike all of our rivals.

We have played the best football. We have battered virtually everyone we've played, either at home or away or both. When we play our best football, no-one domestically can live with it.

Unfortunately, we have not always played our best. The way we started at the swamp on Tuesday was just awesome, but far too often we don't start like that. We start too slowly and are too casual and sometimes only get going when we are up against it. Our manager has made mistakes too, picking the wrong players on occassion and taking the opposition for granted. And of course we've had injuries, but everyone has injuries.

But now we must step up. Play our strongest team for every game. Play at 100% intensity right from the off. Take our chances and put games to bed. Yes we have tough games ahead, but we are in the best position with the best GD and the most points or games in hand. The title is ours, we just have to take it.

Win this and we are so well set. If we then dropped (say) 5 points from a loss and a draw in the remaining fixtures that would mean either Liverpool or chelsea winning all their games. If they did they would deserve the title but I can't see that happening. Pool would have to beat us and Chelsea or Chelsea win at anfield as well as all other games and with Europe still on their radar don't see this happening.

A win today at Arsenal is essential.

They have Walcott, Wilshire, Ramsey, Ozil and Koscielny out, and so we could not have a better chance of winning. There midfield and front line likely to be Arteta, Cazorla, Flamini, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Giroud which although still good should be containable.

Our only injury is Aguero. Silva I believe despite his scare will play. Jovetic is also available.

If we lose or draw today that may well be it unless we can win all other games including Liverpool and Everton away.

Fingers crossed we can do this and keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.