Arsenal V Man City Community Shield pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who say it means nothing - why do clubs like United display it in their trophy cabinet and put it on their honours list, unlike pre-season tournament cups?

Major or not, it IS an honour and worth winning. I'm sure we'll field a strong team, I just hope we have one of our experienced defenders in the team. A Kompany/Nastasic pair would be good if Demi isn't ready (he finished the World Cup later than Kompany). Please just keep Rekik and Boyata out of the team. One isn't ready yet for a game like this, the other never will be.

The Community Shield is fairly meaningless at the best of times. In a World Cup year when so many players have just returned to training it is reduced to the insignificance of yesterday's match.

Pellegrini should treat it as no more than a opportunity to prepare for the Newcastle match. Give as many as possible of the latest returning players a run out.

I really hope we win it, we won fuck all in 30 odd years so we have lot of catching up to do. Plus I despise Arsenal

............................Willy...................

Sagna*............Kompany...........Nastasic.................Kolarov

......................Yaya.................Fernando.....................

Navas.........................................................................Silva

.............................Dzeko................Jovetic....................

*Would like to see Sagna get a start but Clichy will probably get the nod considering he's played all the pre season games.

Also hope either Demichalis come back in time or Mangala is available as I don't rate Nastasic or Boyata at all.

Len Rum said:
J_Bow said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I'd be amazed if Kompany, Demichelis etc don't play a part. It is after all just a friendly, and they need some football to get back into the swing of things. They should be in good condition, the World Cup hasn't long been finished. So just a bit of game time v Arsenal, plus 2 weeks of training and there's no reason why they shouldn't be ready for Newcastle. I'd let Aguero have a longer break though, to help put these injuries behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boyata/Rekik & Nasty play in the CS. I think Manuel will want to give the returning WC stars another week or two to get their fitness into shape. Hopefully giving Serg an extra week or two, we can survive with Jovetic and Edin.
Give them an extra week or two to get fit? No chance.
Given our defensive performances in America are you suggesting no Vinny or Mich against Newcastle?

I'm assuming Mangala will be in, either him Vinnie or Nastasic will play I think.

I am a sentimental old fool but to wish Micah well and thank him for his years at the club

..............................Willy

Richards........Kompany............Nastisic.........Kolorov

Navas...........Yaya..............Fernando........Nasri

...................Dzeko............Jovetic

Give Richards the armband. Give him 45 mins replace him with Sagna, Navas with Milner and Nasri with Silva.

Rammyblues said:
I am a sentimental old fool but to wish Micah well and thank him for his years at the club

..............................Willy

Richards........Kompany............Nastisic.........Kolorov

Navas...........Yaya..............Fernando........Nasri

...................Dzeko............Jovetic

Give Richards the armband. Give him 45 mins replace him with Sagna, Navas with Milner and Nasri with Silva.

But would you let him take a penalty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.