Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2 (Merged)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

jayblue said:
danburge82 said:
Balotelli will add a lot as he gets himself back in the team. He's the quality we need up front. But we need someone fast in midfield as well.
i agree but how many more players do we have to purchase. surely the coaching staff are aware that they are buying players with no pace. whos making these decisions ?
12 Julio Cesar
04 Zanetti
06 Lucio
13 Maicon
25 Samuel
26 Chivu(Stankovic 68)
10 Sneijder
19 Cambiasso
09 Eto'o
22 Milito (Materazzi 90+1)
27 Pandev (Muntari 79)

How much pace is in this team? Eto'o, Maicon and Lucio are quick, the rest are average or slow. That's the team that won the Champions League. Pace is an asset, not a necessity. Movement, vision, and speed of thought are equally as important.

Just because a team is successful one way, doesn't mean that's the only way to be successful. There are different ways to play and win.

danburge82 said:
jimharri said:
Perhaps you should consider an alternative method of earning a living!!

Bet on football and you'll end up down overall, sometimes by a lot. Football bets should be no more than £25 a go. If you want to start earning real money in betting you need to put the big money on bets that are 10/11 or 11/10, much worse odds than the football bets you see at 16/1 but you'd probably double your money 95% of the time instead of 16x'ing your money once in a bluemoon.

Or if you don't understand this I don't think you should be betting at all.

I don't think you should be betting at all. 10/11 shots do not come in 95% of the time. Feel free to join the Cheltenham Tipster Challenge in Off-Topic though, I might not come last this year ;)

danburge82 said:
jimharri said:
Perhaps you should consider an alternative method of earning a living!!

Bet on football and you'll end up down overall, sometimes by a lot. Football bets should be no more than £25 a go. If you want to start earning real money in betting you need to put the big money on bets that are 10/11 or 11/10, much worse odds than the football bets you see at 16/1 but you'd probably double your money 95% of the time instead of 16x'ing your money once in a bluemoon.

Or if you don't understand this I don't think you should be betting at all.

Well football is the only thing I bet on, don't know enough about horse racing or other sports to stand a chance, plus it gives an exciting 90 minutes. I rarely go for odds of 16/1, in fact I generally try and stay away from accumulators. Made some tidy money from lower leagues though, odds can sometimes be way off. Don't usually bet that big money but I was convinced about several things this weekend. Unfortunately I was well off the mark.

pee dubya said:
jayblue said:
i agree but how many more players do we have to purchase. surely the coaching staff are aware that they are buying players with no pace. whos making these decisions ?
12 Julio Cesar
04 Zanetti
06 Lucio
13 Maicon
25 Samuel
26 Chivu(Stankovic 68)
10 Sneijder
19 Cambiasso
09 Eto'o
27 Pandev (Muntari 79)

How much pace is in this team? Eto'o, Maicon and Lucio are quick, the rest are average or slow. That's the team that won the Champions League. Pace is an asset, not a necessity. Movement, vision, and speed of thought are equally as important.

Just because a team is successful one way, doesn't mean that's the only way to be successful. There are different ways to play and win.
yes but its important to be able to mix it. we have 2 speedss. slow and stop

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Wish our midfield was as good as that... determined to go forward and quick passing.
Barry, Milner, Kolarov?
(while typing their names and think about their faces, I just realised they're triplets!)

jayblue said:
pee dubya said:
12 Julio Cesar
04 Zanetti
06 Lucio
13 Maicon
25 Samuel
26 Chivu(Stankovic 68)
10 Sneijder
19 Cambiasso
09 Eto'o
27 Pandev (Muntari 79)

yes but its important to be able to mix it. we have 2 speedss. slow and stop

Not many players who can keep up with Balo, Yaya or Richards once they get going.

pee dubya said:
jayblue said:
12 Julio Cesar
04 Zanetti
06 Lucio
13 Maicon
25 Samuel
26 Chivu(Stankovic 68)
10 Sneijder
19 Cambiasso
09 Eto'o
27 Pandev (Muntari 79)

But that team was managed by Mourinho. No matter how much I love Bobby Manc, he is no Mourinho. If JM was in charge of us, we would be top of the league.

NewbBlue said:
danburge82 said:
The winning goal for Spurs and the winning goal for Arsenal both came from a quick counter attack. Pace is the biggest destroyer of big teams, it's how we won at Stamford Bridge last season.

Yep. It's the only way to penalize these clubs who play a high line and throw defenders forward. We just don't have the pace to punish that, so we're constantly at their mercy, which is why we played for a draw at Emirates.

we have scored a fair number of goals on the counter this year.

arsenal's two goals came after they took off their quickest player.

outright pace isn't the key. you need some, but speed of thought and ability is what makes the counter lethal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.