Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2 (Merged)

Arse fans moaning on 606 about the ref. Can't they be happy for once?

THFC6061 said:
Good performance from Arsenal tonight.

You still have to fancy Barcelona to make the quarter finals, but it makes the second leg a bit more interesting than the foregone conclusion many were predicting before tonight.

What are the chances that the UEFA Champions League Final at Wembley in May will be contested by two teams who's homes are a little more than a goal kick away from the Stadium?

Based on one leg in the Round of 16?

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance.

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

jayblue said:
pee dubya said:
Really, i think Toure is a pretty smart player. Richards yes ok, fair point.

Anyone remember Dzeko's first start, didn't he get an assist in a break away goal, combining with Yaya and Silva?
yes he did and that was good movement. i just feel that we are one paced. as much as i love tevez he slows a move down whenever he receives the ball. he tries to take on the world when a pass could be much quicker.
Isn't that really a question of understanding and awareness though? I agree we do look one paced at times, but i think that's more a mental thing than a physical deficiency.

mat said:
Arse fans moaning on 606 about the ref. Can't they be happy for once?

The same ref who disallowed a perfectly good Barcelona goal?

God almighty, Arsenal fans are for the first time are making me consider dropping Rag fans as the #1 most hateful fanbase.

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

pee dubya said:
jayblue said:
yes he did and that was good movement. i just feel that we are one paced. as much as i love tevez he slows a move down whenever he receives the ball. he tries to take on the world when a pass could be much quicker.
Isn't that really a question of understanding and awareness though? I agree we do look one paced at times, but i think that's more a mental thing than a physical deficiency.
if it is a mental thing i think it is highlighted a little more when ur not quick

A brilliant game to watch that was. Fair play to Arsenal to stick in there and get the win and what a goal the winner was top class. Delighted for Arsenal they try and play football the way it should be played and tonight in that second half they took there chances well. Second leg if it is like this game it should be a cracker. Wilshire was top class in the match 19 and he already looks the part in the Arsenal team.

Andouble said:
not having pace in Europe or in Italy is a lot different than not having pace in England, IMO.
we could do with a little more, you always can use more pace...but it's not worth sacrificing technical quality. we had bellamy/robinho, swp and adebayor up front at times last year, as fast as it gets. and it just didn't work. we had to play too wide and open because we couldn't do anything in tight areas. playing quick short players also meant we were often bullied.

i think what we are missing more acutely is agility and sharpness in the centre of the pitch. there isn't enough tempo with the ball, and our players look back on their heels when the opponent has it. i think this is why we miss de jong. he moves it on quickly and has very good reflexes.

Yesssssssssssssssssssss, I've won 300 quid :D I forgot I'd placed £100 quid on Arsenal as well as a 2-1 win, I'm well happy :D :D :D only £50 down now, i'll win that back in no time.

Arsenal have released a club statement asking UEFA to move the 2nd leg to Stoke to give them a chance of protecting their lead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.