Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2 (Merged)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
TheMidnightClaret said:
Yesssssssssssssssssssss, I've won 300 quid :D I forgot I'd placed £100 quid on Arsenal as well as a 2-1 win, I'm well happy :D :D :D only £50 down now, i'll win that back in no time.

are you Didi Hamann or Brad Friedel by any chance?

Well looking at the time I did it at 3:07 yesterday morning, I'd drank alot and I've just seen my balance is £400.67, had a look and turns out the only winning bet I've had was an extremly pissed one, I need to drink more

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

jayblue said:
pee dubya said:
Isn't that really a question of understanding and awareness though? I agree we do look one paced at times, but i think that's more a mental thing than a physical deficiency.
if it is a mental thing i think it is highlighted a little more when ur not quick
Yeah probably.

I think it's easy to watch Arsenal and Barca tonight and think with all the money we've spent, why can't we play anything like that. But both those teams have been developing for 4 or 5 years, a gradual evolution and integration of new players rather than the short, sharp wholesale changes we've gone through.

I'm not saying when we reach our peak we'll play that kind football, in fact we won't with Mancini (it'll be closer to Mourinho's Inter side), but i think we're being unfair to ourselves if we try and compare our level to the level on display tonight. That standard of football takes time to achieve.

mat said:
Arse fans moaning on 606 about the ref. Can't they be happy for once?

They should be thanking the ref and linesman, would have been 3 if it wernt for there help.

LoveCity said:
mat said:
Arse fans moaning on 606 about the ref. Can't they be happy for once?

The same ref who disallowed a perfectly good Barcelona goal?

God almighty, Arsenal fans are for the first time are making me consider dropping Rag fans as the #1 most hateful fanbase.
Tell me you are joking. The ref and linesmen won them the bloody game!

pee dubya said:
jayblue said:
if it is a mental thing i think it is highlighted a little more when ur not quick
Yeah probably.

I think it's easy to watch Arsenal and Barca tonight and think with all the money we've spent, why can't we play anything like that. But both those teams have been developing for 4 or 5 years, a gradual evolution and integration of new players rather than the short, sharp wholesale changes we've gone through.

I'm not saying when we reach our peak we'll play that kind football, in fact we won't with Mancini (it'll be closer to Mourinho's Inter side), but i think we're being unfair to ourselves if we try and compare our level to the level on display tonight. That standard of football takes time to achieve.
i agree mate. i just wish we were better going forward

MCFC BOB said:
Skashion said:
This.

The first arse fan calling in claimed the ref was laughing with the Barca players and hugged Messi. whilst allowing them to kick arse players off the park.

pee dubya said:
jayblue said:
Yeah probably.

But at the same time, with the money we have spent, there isn't any time. The time that you thought we would have had isn't there. These two teams haven't spent in bucketloads like we have. Yes the Sheikh and Mubarak seem to have more patience, but not 4 or 5 years patience. Don't put me down as one of those fans who are like "WHY AREN'T WE TOP YET??!??!!??!? LULZ LOLOLOL", because I am usually quite patient. Personally, I think next season is our season. But our performances recently have been screaming for a bit more pace, a bit of urgency.

Skashion said:
LoveCity said:
The same ref who disallowed a perfectly good Barcelona goal?

God almighty, Arsenal fans are for the first time are making me consider dropping Rag fans as the #1 most hateful fanbase.

Uhh, did you read my post? I said exactly that, that Arsenal fans are a joke for complaining and threatening to knock the rags off my #1 most loathed fans list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.