Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2 (Merged)

TheMidnightClaret said:
Well looking at the time I did it at 3:07 yesterday morning, I'd drank alot and I've just seen my balance is £400.67, had a look and turns out the only winning bet I've had was an extremly pissed one, I need to drink more

Oh and my bet slip for anyone doubting me:

Bet ID: 22886961100 Time: 18:52 Bet Type: Single Stake: £50.00
Event Selection Price E/W Terms Status
Arsenal v Barcelona
Champions League
Correct Score - 90 Mins Barcelona 2 - 1 7/1 Win only Settled
16/02/2011 GBP 100.00 Single: ARSENAL @ 3/1 [Match Betting ... Returns: £ 400.00
Bet ID: 22886265100 Time: 03:07 Bet Type: Single Stake: £100.00
Event Selection Price E/W Terms Status
Arsenal v Barcelona
Champions League
Match Betting - 90 Mins Arsenal 3/1 Win only Settled

shit ref. crap pitch. buses parked on football pitches
football is'nt it. jumpers for goalposts.

Always support the English teams in Europe so glad Arsenal won.

When English teams pass around the defence or backwards its 'boring' when Barca do it, it's 'inspirational'. Didn't think they looked great tonight and bar the occasion it wasn't a great game.

Let's see if Arsenal can do what we did at the Emirates at the Nou Camp... their fans are fucking idiots though, they'd love a performance like that. As long as no one ever does it to them its ok.

LoveCity said:
Uhh, did you read my post? I said exactly that, that Arsenal fans are a joke for complaining and threatening to knock the rags off my #1 most loathed fans list.
I did indeed. I was meaning, tell me you're joking about the Arsenal fans moaning still. I am not listening to 606. Apologies for not making my meaning clearer.

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
pee dubya said:
Yeah probably.

I think it's easy to watch Arsenal and Barca tonight and think with all the money we've spent, why can't we play anything like that. But both those teams have been developing for 4 or 5 years, a gradual evolution and integration of new players rather than the short, sharp wholesale changes we've gone through.

I'm not saying when we reach our peak we'll play that kind football, in fact we won't with Mancini (it'll be closer to Mourinho's Inter side), but i think we're being unfair to ourselves if we try and compare our level to the level on display tonight. That standard of football takes time to achieve.

But at the same time, with the money we have spent, there isn't any time. The time that you thought we would have had isn't there. These two teams haven't spent in bucketloads like we have. Yes the Sheikh and Mubarak seem to have more patience, but not 4 or 5 years patience. Don't put me down as one of those fans who are like "WHY AREN'T WE TOP YET??!??!!??!? LULZ LOLOLOL", because I am usually quite patient. Personally, I think next season is our season. But our performances recently have been screaming for a bit more pace, a bit of urgency.
Well, Barca have spent a lot of money (i reckon a quick tally of their current squad - about 175 million euros, ignores the likes of Ibra, Chygrinsky etc).

The point about us is for me at the moment it's purely about achieving realistic objectives. Factored into the setting of those targets has to be an admission that it's very difficult to create a consistent footballing side in such a short space of time (hence why i think 4th place would be fine), and almost impossible to create an attractive, consistent footballing side in such a short space of time.

At the moment, results are far, far more important than style or entertainment for me, that can all come later. A lot of people do seem to use the style of play argument against Mancini, allied with the money spent. As far as i'm concerned you judge results at the end of the season unless it's looks as though you have very little chance of achieving your set targets.

Although i agree recently we have been a bit ponderous, i think that's caused by a few factors - the introduction of Dzeko coinciding with the injury of AJ, plus i do think we lack one player in central midfield who can provide a bit of a spark. But generally i think the current slight lull is more of a glitch than a total systemic failure and as such is nothing to be particularly worried about.

So....there is time, provided we keep our head above water in the short-term.

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona, Take 2

pee dubya said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
But at the same time, with the money we have spent, there isn't any time. The time that you thought we would have had isn't there. These two teams haven't spent in bucketloads like we have. Yes the Sheikh and Mubarak seem to have more patience, but not 4 or 5 years patience. Don't put me down as one of those fans who are like "WHY AREN'T WE TOP YET??!??!!??!? LULZ LOLOLOL", because I am usually quite patient. Personally, I think next season is our season. But our performances recently have been screaming for a bit more pace, a bit of urgency.
Well, Barca have spent a lot of money (i reckon a quick tally of their current squad - about 175 million euros, ignores the likes of Ibra, Chygrinsky etc).

The point about us is for me at the moment it's purely about achieving realistic objectives. Factored into the setting of those targets has to be an admission that it's very difficult to create a consistent footballing side in such a short space of time (hence why i think 4th place would be fine), and almost impossible to create an attractive, consistent footballing side in such a short space of time.

At the moment, results are far, far more important than style or entertainment for me, that can all come later. A lot of people do seem to use the style of play argument against Mancini, allied with the money spent. As far as i'm concerned you judge results at the end of the season unless it's looks as though you have very little chance of achieving your set targets.

Although i agree recently we have been a bit ponderous, i think that's caused by a few factors - the introduction of Dzeko coinciding with the injury of AJ, plus i do think we lack one player in central midfield who can provide a bit of a spark. But generally i think the current slight lull is more of a glitch than a total systemic failure and as such is nothing to be particularly worried about.

So....there is time, provided we keep our head above water in the short-term.

Very fair point, you have convinced me. I agree with the AJ injury thing, he has picked up an injury at the worst possible time. And it just so happens that that "head above water" line is 4th place. As long as we get that, next season is going to be an exciting one. Mancini will have a whole summer to work on the best squad in the league. CTID

Barca have a lot of debt and need to financially restructure.

Their kids go all the way through the academy setup, into the U19s, the equivalent reserve team and then the first team playing and taught the exact same way.

Even if we start that process tomorrow we won't really see the results for a decade, the odd gem could emerge but to get consistantly good players coming through will be a very long term project.

great game pep made mistake took villa off way to early. arsenal got lucky messi goal should av stood could av bn hand ball. arshavin hand ball near the end. bad goal first one shouldnt be lettin them in at that angle. id be pissd off if that was hart lettin one in like that for us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.