Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benarbia said:
Is defeat unthinkable at this early stage possibly 6 behind chelsea
So if we win you'll be back later to give your heartfelt congratulations to the team, won't you?
See you later.

No cobwebs today - they need to have been completely brushed off. We need to be full on and at it but I´m a little worried that we´re still undercooked. International interruption or a chance for players to get fully up to speed? Not sure about this. Stoke needs to be eradicated from the collective psyche but are the following 3 fixtures what we need to help achieve that?
We are champions for a reason so I would expect that to show in our performance today but I have to admit the outcome is in the balance.
Two draws and a win would be more than acceptable from the next 8 days

I think Yaya is going to slow us down. Perhaps we should unleash Fernandinho and get Yaya to sit back.

I believe Nasri and Aguero work well with each other, so I'd have Nasri and Aguero upfront.

Given that Arsenal have so much pace upfront, it might be time to introduce Mangala.

1106186_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Navas looks to have been held back a little by Manuel and wasn't he dropped from Spain squad? I fully expect Manuel to stick him on Monreal and give him a torrid time. The important part of this match will be starting with 2 up top. If we can get Kun and Edin onto Koscielny & Mertesacker their defence should crumble at least 4 times in a match.

Defences are key this season. A back 4 of Zabba, Vincent, Mangala and Clichy, keeps it nice and tight against a quick passing side like Arsenal.

mastermind said:
I think Yaya is going to slow us down. Perhaps we should unleash Fernandinho and get Yaya to sit back.

I believe Nasri and Aguero work well with each other, so I'd have Nasri and Aguero upfront.

Given that Arsenal have so much pace upfront, it might be time to introduce Mangala.

That looks good coz it gives us the pace option on the counter but the fact is MP just doesn´t do pragmatism or 4-2-3-1 or even 4-2-1-1 as your set up suggests. I fully expect Kun and Edin to start
We´ll see soon enough

mike channon´s windmill said:
mastermind said:

That looks good coz it gives us the pace option on the counter but the fact is MP just doesn´t do pragmatism or 4-2-3-1 or even 4-2-1-1 as your set up suggests. I fully expect Kun and Edin to start
We´ll see soon enough

At this moment we only have to fit strikers .. so I doubt MP will use both at the same time.

BT Sport Fletch and Sav programme saying that there is a strong rumour Lampard is going to start.

we do well against teams that try to attack us ,but last week against stoke 99 times out of a 100 , we would get a break and nick a goal , to win the game , but credit to hughes he came with a game plan and took the points. If the tarquins commit players forward , as i am sure they will urged on by their whinging / whining supporters , we will pick them off , and i wouldnt play any of the ex-arsenal players , nasri, and clichy they have proven to be ineffective against the constant booing from the tarquins and i cant see sagna fairing any better , they are technically good players , but they havent got a pair of bollocks between them. My team would be HART - ZABS , VINNY , MDM , MANGALA MILNER , LAMPARD , TOURE , FERNANDINHO , SILVA - DZEKO experienced side and physically strong to out muscle the diddy men tarquins midfield , and mangala started his career as a left back , we need a solid back 4 , milner to play because he has a good understanding with zabs , bring aguero on for the last 30 minutes to give their shite centre backs the run a round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.