Arsenal Vs City Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
didsburyblu said:
Mangala needs game time before bayern n Chelsea so would start him in defence. Also with questions over the fitness of Fernando and the late arrivals back of yaya and fernandinho can't see both them starting. Also too risky to risk 2 attackers given our limited options so for me it's

hart
zabba
kompany
mangala
Clichy
Silva
Yaya
Lampard
Milner
navas
dzeko

that team would get absolutely twatted. yaya and lampard in midfield? ffs

Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
The Chelsea game is MUCH more important IMHO. It's a home game and if we are to be Champions again, our home needs to be a fortress. We lost ONE game at home last season and we have already lost one this season. We do not want another loss, and least of all a loss to Chelsea. We simply must get a draw at least.

I think your talking psychology whereas I'm talking actual points. Chelsea could beat us 5 nil at the Etihad it'll make no difference other than 3 points to whether we win the title or not.

Partly. But it is a 6 pointer. If we assume Chelsea are our rivals - and I think they are - then them dropping 3 points is just as important as us gaining 3. We can lose at Sunderland and so long as they lose at Southampton on the same day, it's not a bad day.

And also look at it like this. In a perfect world, the best team would win 38 games and finish on 114 points. But it's not a perfect world and all teams slip up, or just get outplayed sometimes. So the question is, how many times per season can you let that happen and still win the league.

One of the characteristics of our game for the past few seasons is that we have been rock solid at home and less so away. That's normal. But being rock solid at home has been the foundation that's let us win (only just win) 2 of the past 3 campaigns. We do not want to be 6 games in having lost at home twice, or that foundation is looking shaky.

Providing everybody is fit - Jovetić apart - I think it would be extremely prudent to play three in midfield and only one out-and-out forward:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Touré

Nasri
Silva
Agüero

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Kolarov, Milner, Navas, Džeko

This would also give the midfield three the chance to play together before Bayern and Chelsea.

LoveCity said:
Fernandinho only played 15 minutes for Brazil, so I guess jet lag could affect him more than actual fatigue, but he might be OK to play even on short notice. Yaya, though, plays this afternoon, giving him awfully little recovery time. He will play anyway since Yaya is never dropped, but a 3-man midfield would be advisable I think.

I'd be tempted to start Lampard as he's used to playing the gooners under hostile atmosphere. There are issues with all 3 of our central midfielders so wouldn't surprise me if Fat Frank got the nod.

Twattenberg is reffing. I suppose which one he hates slightly more will be screwed.

mat said:
Twattenberg is reffing. I suppose which one he hates slightly more will be screwed.
I thought when he sent off Evans in the 6-1 he wasn't a bottler at the big grounds. Then he refused to show suarez a second yellow at anfield for diving, so god knows what to expect from him.

Ireland_for_pm said:
mat said:
I thought when he sent off Evans in the 6-1 he wasn't a bottler at the big grounds. Then he refused to show suarez a second yellow at anfield for diving, so god knows what to expect from him.

Depends on which betting syndicate has given him the largest bung.

Vienna_70 said:
Providing everybody is fit - Jovetić apart - I think it would be extremely prudent to play three in midfield and only one out-and-out forward:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Touré

Nasri
Silva
Agüero

This would also give the midfield three the chance to play together before Bayern and Chelsea.
Fact, this all day.

i8rags said:
Vienna_70 said:

Hart

Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy

Fernando
Fernandinho
Touré

Nasri
Silva
Agüero

Fact, this all day.

This for me too, 'Nando and 'Dinho holding, and Yaya in front of them for each of the next 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.