Arteta

Sabster said:
BlueBoy2010 said:
Read his agents recent quotes and reading rags to get true info? Haha. Arteta is not average you have no brain at all if you hold that opinion he wouldn't look out of place at any team in the world he is an amazing player and with him and Fellaini in the middle you'd do well to find a better partnership

Wouldn't look out of place in the spanish team?? Oh wait he would..

I stand by my statement that he is average and that we don't want him
Youre a moron

BlueBoy2010 said:
Marvin said:
I agree with you about Fellaini and Arteta. 2 of the best midfielders in Europe. Love to have them here at City.

But I don't think Everton can improve much on recent seasons. You need to replace Distin and get some forwards in
An improvement on recent seasons is easily possible. Heitinga is replacing Distin in defense Fellaini and Arteta in the center for the first time and a rested Bilyaletdinov. Coleman also will replace Neville at RB

Yep, defo top 4 material...

BlueBoy2010 said:
Sabster said:
Wouldn't look out of place in the spanish team?? Oh wait he would..

I stand by my statement that he is average and that we don't want him
Youre a moron

No I am not - you are are the moron if you think arteta is a GREAT player he is a top5-9 style player - where you are. We do not want these types of player. The end

Sabster said:
BlueBoy2010 said:
Youre a moron

No I am not - you are are the moron if you think arteta is a GREAT player he is a top5-9 style player - where you are. We do not want these types of player. The end

Correct - he is a very good player but not great. Goes missing in too many games.

Sabster said:
BlueBoy2010 said:
Youre a moron

Average teams can have outstanding players because football is a team game.

Where did many of the Premiership's best players come from?

eg Rooney, Everton. Drogba, Marseille (formerly he played for lower league team). Tevez, West Ham. The list is endless

vincent said:
Sabster said:

Correct - he is a very good player but not great. Goes missing in too many games.
You watch him week in week out? Thought not Arteta IS a great player also he has made top 4 with us so obviously isn't just a 5-9 player. Coleman is a great prospect and everybody has high hopes for him just because we loaned him to Blackpool who he helped get promotes doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Marvin said:
Sabster said:

eg Rooney, Everton. Drogba, Marseille (formerly he played for lower league team). Tevez, West Ham. The list is endless

Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 am --<br /><br />
BlueBoy2010 said:
vincent said:
You watch him week in week out? Thought not Arteta IS a great player also he has made top 4 with us so obviously isn't just a 5-9 player. Coleman is a great prospect and everybody has high hopes for him just because we loaned him to Blackpool who he helped get promotes doesn't mean he isn't a good player.

Its quite hard to watch him week in week out when hes injured so much..
and yes I do watch him alot and he is nowhere near the standard we want. He is good for everton -that is his standard.

You got into the top 4 (once) buy being organized and grinding out 1 nill victories - not due to any supposed creativity arteta actually gives you

Sabster said:
Marvin said:

Look at all those players, how long did they stay at those clubs now compare that to arteta at everton.

I understand that concept but Arteta is not an outstanding player.
And Everton aren't an average club. Arteta has finished 4th, 5th x2, and 6th with Everton. Rooney left as he was a wanker and he thought we would be relegated selling him was the best thing we've ever done<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:29 am --<br /><br />
Sabster said:
Marvin said:

-- Sun May 23, 2010 9:25 am --

BlueBoy2010 said:

Its quite hard to watch him week in week out when hes injured so much..
and yes I do watch him alot and he is nowhere near the standard we want. He is good for everton -that is his standard.

You got into the top 4 (once) buy being organized and grinding out 1 nill victories - not due to any supposed creativity arteta actually gives you
You are an arogant little tossed aren't you? He has had one bad injury so I wouldn't say he's injured all the time. You obviously no jack shit about him or football in general. What standard are City? We have finished 4th once yeah once more than you despite spending £270m.

Sabster said:
Marvin said:

Well we'll have to disagree then. For me he is the player that lifts Everton from a very hard-working well organised team, to a very good one

What makes Arteta stand out is that he has outstanding technical ability And great work-rate. He can do everything that you'd want from a midfielder. Tackle, close down, score, pass. Right up there for me with Fabregas, and he does it consistently - injuries permitting. If he'd have been fit at the start of the season Everton would have been in Europe.

Marvin said:
Sabster said:

Well we'll have to disagree then. For me he is the player that lifts Everton from a very hard-working well organised team, to a very good one

What makes Arteta stand out is that he has outstanding technical ability And great work-rate. He can do everything that you'd want from a midfielder. Tackle, close down, score, pass. Right up there for me with Fabregas, and he does it consistently - injuries permitting. If he'd have been fit at the start of the season Everton would have been in Europe.

Right up with Fabregas, fabregas is on a different planet to arteta.

Change that to average technical ability and very high work rate.

I would rather we finished 10th all season than play football like everton - its always compact tight and never open this is not what I want to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.