Arteta

Arteta average?

Some City fans really are criminally stupid.

Look forward to next season when having spent a total of £370m City again finish outside the top-4, and again Everton take all 6-points.

You can't buy class, lads. It's something which is earned.

What was the last thing City won?

You're a small club that won the lottery and is busy buying every 9-carat gold chain in the shop.

I'm probably a rarity these days an evertonian who still likes city but here's my two penneth. Arteta's a class act who'd improve your offensive game - technically good, used to the physical side of the premiership - he'd get quality ball out to your dangerman quickly enabling them to attack space and cause defences trouble and just make u a whole lot more joined up going forward. He also takes the ball from the centre half's stopping them hoofing aimless balls up front. Obviously not as good as fabregas (who is) but the gap between them isn't as great as some would make out imo. That said I'd be gutted if he left - the standard of our football improves immeasurably when he's in the side. As for next season subject to who u guys buy and who we don't sell I think both sides could add another 10 points to this seasons tally leaving us scrapping for fourth and u lot tucked in behind the top two. Good luck I think without city this summers transfer market would be as dead as liverpool's title chances

quadvod said:
I'm probably a rarity these days an evertonian who still likes city but here's my two penneth. Arteta's a class act who'd improve your offensive game - technically good, used to the physical side of the premiership - he'd get quality ball out to your dangerman quickly enabling them to attack space and cause defences trouble and just make u a whole lot more joined up going forward. He also takes the ball from the centre half's stopping them hoofing aimless balls up front. Obviously not as good as fabregas (who is) but the gap between them isn't as great as some would make out imo. That said I'd be gutted if he left - the standard of our football improves immeasurably when he's in the side. As for next season subject to who u guys buy and who we don't sell I think both sides could add another 10 points to this seasons tally leaving us scrapping for fourth and u lot tucked in behind the top two. Good luck I think without city this summers transfer market would be as dead as liverpool's title chances

Good post mate, cheers

JohnD said:
Arteta average?

Look forward to next season when having spent a total of £370m City again finish outside the top-4, and again Everton take all 6-points.

You're a small club that won the lottery and is busy buying every 9-carat gold chain in the shop.

35,000 in a fcuking shack say's it all, keep ya fcuking history our future is fcuking mint.

Now fcuk off back to eating rats you deluded bitter blue nosed scouse cnut :)

I'm being honest here in saying that the only player from Everton I'd be happy if we were in for would be Fellaini. Maybe Heitinga at a push.

The rest are at best average players who a good manager gets the most out of. If they went elsewhere, they'd be back to their normal sub-standard performances.

Look at Arteta wherever else he's been. He's been pretty shit, and we'd have to be pig thick to pay the money quoted for him.

That's why Everton are on the wane - there's only so far you can go with a good manager getting the best out of an average squad.

They need to spend to get players who can take them to the next level (which is what they did with both Fellaini and Heitinga, however much their fans may bleat about them never spending anything), and it looks like they simply don't have the resources to do that.

That's why I predict a gradual slide down the table unless they get some much neede investment. If someone does come in who can take the club off Kenwright, build their new stadium and invest in the squad, they'll be genuine challengers with that manager (as much of a **** as he is).

And this whole 'we took 6 points off you' crap as any evidence of them being better than us is nothing more than an attempt at a wind up - it means fook all.

We took 6 points off Chelsea this season - it doesn't mean we're better than them. They still won the league. We took 6 points off the Rags the season Sven was in charge. It didn't mean we were better than them then - they still won the league. These results happen in a season, particularly when the lower club (Everton in our case, us in the case of Chelsea and the Rags above) view the games as their cup finals.

JohnD said:
Arteta average?

You reek of jealousy, hardly an attribute associated with class.

JohnD said:
Arteta average?

Careful. It's a few years since Everton won something, and then by your own definition you'll have no history and no class.

We haven't won anything since 1976, but last season we averaged over 45k. When we were relegated to the old Div 3 we averaged 28k. Not many clubs can match that level of loyalty.

By your definition class and history is measured by trophies. That's the kind of outlook I'd expect from a Liverpool fan, not an Evertonian. In fact if you think class is winning trophies you should ask yourself why you became an Evertonian and not a Liverpool fan.

In consecutive posts from JohnD and quavdod we see all that is bad and good about Everton fans. In my view, Arteta would improve us without doubt, but age and injuries are a worry. Whether we buy anyone from them, we should charge top dollar for any players we sell them. The days of treating them like a charity case must end. If they aspire to be a top 4 club, then they can't expect to be treated like a championship outfit, pleading poverty while trying to screw money and players out of us to stay afloat

Optimus Prime said:
I'm being honest here in saying that the only player from Everton I'd be happy if we were in for would be Fellaini. Maybe Heitinga at a push.

The rest are at best average players who a good manager gets the most out of. If they went elsewhere, they'd be back to their normal sub-standard performances.

Well you prove that you know nothing at all about Everton and its players.

Arteta, Pienaar, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov, Jagielka, Fellaini and Heitinga are all above average and would fit in with any top-4 squad in the PL.<br /><br />-- Sun May 23, 2010 3:21 pm --<br /><br />
pee dubya said:
JohnD said:
Arteta average?

You reek of jealousy, hardly an attribute associated with class.

Jealous of what? You can keep your dirty money and council ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.