Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Passenger? Maybe the three biggest games in the season (other than UCL final) were Arsenal away and at home and Madrid away. KDB was the difference maker in all of those, and they were all in the 2nd part of the season. Haaland had a worse end of the season actually.

Also, I mentioned in my message that we are weaker in the first half of the season (due to KDB's injury) and about the same for the second half once he is back.
Well we can’t do anything about an injured player so KDB s injury has nothing at all to do with the transfer window. If your assesment is when KDB is back we are as strong as the treble winning team despite losing Gundogan and Mahrez. Then that’s a great window.

I’m with you on all of this mate. We seem to have to go through this lunacy on the forum every summer, and then again every time we suffer a defeat.

Will these idiots ever realise that the club know what they are doing?
I often wonder if in ten years when the best case for City is we have fallen back into the pack and the worst case is that we haven't won a thing since Pep left whether anyone will regret having spent the best years of their footballing lives doing nowt but moaning about it.

I really don't give a flying fuck what you think.

The team has been evolving and yet we still won the Treble. Absolutely brilliant, especially as I attended every game.

However, the original question was specifically about this transfer window, and in my opinion, we'll have to wait to see if Doku and Nunez hit the ground running or whether they progress next season.

Good on you for attending every game.

Guess we need to measure our window against others. Are there any Premier League sides who have had a better window ? I don't see any side who have done enough to overhaul us in the Premier League and would suggest only Bayern and Madrid look really threatening in the Champions League. Would still reckon we would beat both.

Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?

As I said earlier this window has surpassed my expectations. I cant predict how this season will pan out but regardless of the outcome , the board has done top notch business. Last season and this season has been mild transitional period and I must give credit to those working behind the scene. Hopefully pep is rebuilding and planning to extend a bit longer .Well done .!!

Guess we need to measure our window against others. Are there any Premier League sides who have had a better window ? I don't see any side who have done enough to overhaul us in the Premier League and would suggest only Bayern and Madrid look really threatening in the Champions League. Would still reckon we would beat both.
Maybe Arsenal, but the depth is iffy

So by my reckoning:

We've managed to keep hold of the best number 2 goalkeeper that Bayern Munich were sniffing around. The competition has meant Ederson is looking better than he ever has, and I have no concerns about playing the number 2 in cups. So big tick.

We've added the best young defender in the world to the best defence in Europe. Massive fucking tick.

We've lost one of our midfield stalwarts, and another is injured. We've replaced the former with someone who has settled quickly, and added another player with potential. Retained Bernie is huge. We lost a couple of "big" signings we were in the mix for, but I'm happy with who we have signed. Neutral.

Mahrez out, exciting young attacker in. Tick.

I think we've added ball carrying dynamism down the middle, which is how we are playing at the moment, and we have given Pep a few more options to set us up in different ways.

Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?
I'm not sure, but you've mentioned about 7 or 8 players (of your 11) that hardly kicked a ball last season, and yet we've brought in 4 that will all play regularly.

So in an around about way, I'd say no were not short based on your post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.