Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?
Think one more attacking player would be good

Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?
Compared to second half of last season it looks to me like 4 first teamers out (Gundog, Mahrez, Laporte and Palmer) compared to 4 new in. So I would say the squad is quite comparable in numbers, and possibly a little stronger. If we are short, we were also short last year.

Reckon people struggle to say much anything more than WTF about 'mixed' opinions because the Nunez news is good. Really, there's an awful lot to think about. Board goes from "not even kids on the bench WTF" to "amazing, best summer ever" based on the latest development.
Its a forum, always going to be a lot of people with a lot of opinions and its nothing wrong with that. The way I see it, each transfer window starts on a 5/10. Since then our squad strengh (short- medium term) has changed by the following:
Laporte out, Gvardiol in +1
Gundogan out, Kovacic in -1
Mahrez out, Doku in -1
KDB injury, Nunes in +-0
Palmer out -1

When judging the window I dont take any consideration on players extending their contracts since thats not necessarily transfer window specific. I also dont think not selling players that have a contract warrants a point.
You could perhaps add a point (or two) for the squad being rejuvenated. You could perhaps remove a point because of all the goals the players we've lost have not been replaced other than from the hope of already existing players in the squad will score more.
But this is pretty much how I see our current squad strength the upcoming season compared to last season. This is obviously just how I see it right now and it can, and most likely will, change in the future since now is obviously not the best time to judge a window, before the new signings have even played for us. The window is also not closed, and if we replace Palmer with a better player my rating will naturally change.

Many might judge a transfer window and our signings differently, which is fine of course. Apparently thinking Nunes/Kovacic/Doku are not as good as Gundogan/Mahrez/KDB(4-5 months)/Palmer makes me a stupid kid, not a City fan, a crackhead and a fool. I might be a fool but my feeling is that this seasons squad is weaker than last years, at least short term. Which obviously makes me think the window has been far from a success. People are free to disagree :)

With that said our squad is obviously still very strong and I will still see us as favorites for all competitions we enter this season. I just think thats more down to our incredible transfer business done in recent years, not this summer in particular!

Last edited:
Compared to second half of last season it looks to me like 4 first teamers out (Gundog, Mahrez, Laporte and Palmer) compared to 4 new in. So I would say the squad is quite comparable in numbers, and possibly a little stronger. If we are short, we were also short last year.
Only problem would be that we have more games this season

Only problem would be that we have more games this season
Yes, and you could argue we lost 2 wing types in Palmer and Mahrez, and only got 1 in (Doku). So the balance is a little different for sure. A second attacker would be good.

Yes, and you could argue we lost 2 wing types in Palmer and Mahrez, and only got 1 in (Doku). So the balance is a little different for sure. A second attacker would be good.
Somehow all roads lead to Felix

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.