Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After today I’d say it’s been pretty damn good. Probably could only realistically have been bettered if we’d got Bellingham or Rice.

But our four signings this summer are all good, especially Kovacic and Gvardiol. I‘m excited to see what Doku and Nunes bring, it’s certainly good to strengthen the squad with more experienced players.

Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?
One attacker short if Palmer now goes.

It feels a bit thin atm

Palmer to Chelsea has sort of set me back. Hoping for another player in to make up for it. Would need to be a big name like Kimmich Oddegard or Kvaratskhelia Or Alphonso Davies. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Think one more attacking player would be good
We need a new creative force with no KDB, Mahrez in the team. It showed at Sheffield. We will struggle to break down the best defensive teams. Phil and Bernie can provide the spark but we are over-reliable on them. On the positive side we are incredible defensively. The strongest I have ever seen in amost 60 years of watching City. We certainly won't be shipping many goals that's for sure.

We need a new creative force with no KDB, Mahrez in the team. It showed at Sheffield. We will struggle to break down the best defensive teams. Phil and Bernie can provide the spark but we are over-reliable on them. On the positive side we are incredible defensively. The strongest I have ever seen in amost 60 years of watching City. We certainly won't be shipping many goals that's for sure.
We often struggled to brea down very defensive teams even with KDB and Mahrez. We created plenty vs the Blades. Not worried about that at all.

Palmer to Chelsea has sort of set me back. Hoping for another player in to make up for it. Would need to be a big name like Kimmich Oddegard or Kvaratskhelia Or Alphonso Davies. Shouldn’t be a problem.
This late of a window i doubt it, it would be someone like Felix or Cherki

I’d rate it as a 5/10 as it stands, we’ve lost a significant amount of goals in the squad and we look light on numbers. Especially sad to see Laporte and Gundogan leave then today Palmer leaving is a huge blow if we can’t get another player in as we already look thread bare and significantly weaker than last season, I’m sure my disappointment and concern is greatly influenced by KDB potentially missing majority of season and was really hoping we would make one final class signing. Gvardiol is promising, Kovacic has been good so far but offers zero goals return, Doku is exciting although somewhat unknown, Nunes I’m really unsure of, don’t think he’s good enough personally, let’s hope he shows us all differently. Bernardo staying for the season is good but to see him leave next season on his release clause would be disappointing.

Only time will tell though, but I’d have hoped we’d have gone for the jugular after winning the treble last season and we certainly haven’t due to external factors and our recruitment policies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.