Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m with you on all of this mate. We seem to have to go through this lunacy on the forum every summer, and then again every time we suffer a defeat.

Will these idiots ever realise that the club know what they are doing?
100% correct. Think overall, losing some players beyond our control and moving on some who have had there day , we have reacted well in the market and brought in 2 of the best young players in Europe in Gvardiol and Doku and maintained quality options in the middle with Kovacic (hugely underated) and looking to move Foden into a central position where we will see just how good a player he is and will become.

We have also managed to keep Bernardo for another season at least which is a huge boost and now added Nunes for depth. Am hugely optimistic for the season ahead, more so than last season as I think this is the year we see Phil ascend to another level and set ourselves up to go and collect another huge haul of trophies.

Only disappointment was missing out on Bellingham.

Awful thread this,some proper shite been written.

We are stronger IMO.

.Gvardiol best young defender in the world and an upgrade on Laporte
.Kovacic is class,different....but just as effective as Gundo
.Doku potentially a world class talent
.Nunes a fantastic back up to Rodri and along with Kova adds the depth we have been missing.
.Walker and Bernie new deals.
.Foden getting opportunity as a 10

If you have issue with any of that,then you want your head testing.
Stronger? I don't think so. You cannot count Fodem, Bernardo and Walker because they were with us last season. Lets do an objective measurement in our quality, focusing in the present (I think Doku will be a 9/10 in a couple years, so I am really excited about him, but he is not a 9/10 now).

Out
Laporte 7/10
Mahrez 8/10
Gundogan 9/10
KDB 10/10

In
Nunes 6/10
Doku 6/10 (again he is at the present)
Kovacic 8.5/10
Gvardiol 9/10 (I think he'll be 10/10 in a year or 2)

Would you not agree with my ratings? And if you don't, please do it yourself.

Going by that we are weaker in the first half of the season, and about the same for the 2nd part, comparing to our squad last season.

I still think is a solid transfer market (7/10), and I think Doku will be a world-class. So in 3 years this will be a 8/10.

We can't possibly judge for a few months, but undoubtedly we're in a period of transition.

Since the 3-2 over Villa (only 15 months ago) we've seen Jesus, Fernandinho, Sterling, Zinchenko, Mahrez, Gundogan, Laporte, and probably Cancelo all depart. That's 8 of the 14 players who featured that day.

Forget the transfer fees, the biggest indicator will be the games where the opposition are looking reasonably comfortable.

Last Season it was Mahrez (Stamford Bridge) and Gundogan (Goodison Park) who made vital contributions.
Can the new players replicate in such a short period of time?
Where do I even start with this...

Awful thread this,some proper shite been written.

We are stronger IMO.

.Gvardiol best young defender in the world and an upgrade on Laporte
.Kovacic is class,different....but just as effective as Gundo
.Doku potentially a world class talent
.Nunes a fantastic back up to Rodri and along with Kova adds the depth we have been missing.
.Walker and Bernie new deals.
.Foden getting opportunity as a 10

If you have issue with any of that,then you want your head testing.
Spot on.

Literally no mention anywhere of Haaland, Alvarez et al being another season more experienced in the league either!

Honestly some laughable posts in here, it wants closing down.

Stronger? I don't think so. You cannot count Fodem, Bernardo and Walker because they were with us last season. Lets do an objective measurement in our quality, focusing in the present (I think Doku will be a 9/10 in a couple years, so I am really excited about him, but he is not a 9/10 now).

Out
Laporte 7/10
Mahrez 8/10
Gundogan 9/10
KDB 10/10

In
Nunes 6/10
Doku 6/10 (again he is at the present)
Kovacic 8.5/10
Gvardiol 9/10 (I think he'll be 10/10 in a year or 2)

Would you not agree with my ratings? And if you don't, please do it yourself.

Going by that we are weaker in the first half of the season, and about the same for the 2nd part, comparing to our squad last season.

I still think is a solid transfer market (7/10), and I think Doku will be a world-class. So in 3 years this will be a 8/10.
Is KDB dead ? Okay we’ll miss him first part of the season but hopefully he’ll be back fit and refreshed and be more effective on this years run in than the passenger he became back end of last season. (Passenger is a bit strong I know)

Where do I even start with this...
I really don't give a flying fuck what you think.

The team has been evolving and yet we still won the Treble. Absolutely brilliant, especially as I attended every game.

However, the original question was specifically about this transfer window, and in my opinion, we'll have to wait to see if Doku and Nunez hit the ground running or whether they progress next season.

Is KDB dead ? Okay we’ll miss him first part of the season but hopefully he’ll be back fit and refreshed and be more effective on this years run in than the passenger he became back end of last season. (Passenger is a bit strong I know)
Passenger? Maybe the three biggest games in the season (other than UCL final) were Arsenal away and at home and Madrid away. KDB was the difference maker in all of those, and they were all in the 2nd part of the season. Haaland had a worse end of the season actually.

Also, I mentioned in my message that we are weaker in the first half of the season (due to KDB's injury) and about the same for the second half once he is back.

Reckon people struggle to say much anything more than WTF about 'mixed' opinions because the Nunez news is good. Really, there's an awful lot to think about. Board goes from "not even kids on the bench WTF" to "amazing, best summer ever" based on the latest development.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.