Assessment of our business this summer | Poll Added

Go on then, rate our transfer business out of 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We often struggled to brea down very defensive teams even with KDB and Mahrez. We created plenty vs the Blades. Not worried about that at all.
I thought we looked much better when Foden came on but struggled in the first half. But I hope you are right. I think Doku could help because we need pace on the wings. The first time Grealish went to the byeline (instead of coming inside) we scored.

Manchester City 2023 summer transfer window:

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Am i only one feeling we are 1 player short?
I think one possibly two short

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

We work with a small select group. If you look at the above only the 4 highlighted were genuine first teamers. We've basically gone like for like body wise
The elephant in the room is the KDB injury, but we don't generally buy to cover (although I wonder if Nunes would have been bought if KDB wasn't injured).
I tend to agree one more would be nice, but there's not much out there available at the level we want at this stage. I'd love another Akanji type signing though :D

If we can get Phillips and Gomez out the door and someone else in, then I think it will have been a commendable window in the circumstances (we lost vast amounts of quality and experience). Nothing against either of those players, just that I don’t think they will feature so should move on for the sake of their own careers.

IN:
- Josko Gvardiol (£78m)
- Jeremy Doku (£52m)
- Matheus Nunes (£50m)
- Mateo Kovacic (£25m)

OUT:
- Cole Palmer (£45m)
- Riyad Mahrez (£30m)
- Aymeric Laporte (£23m)
- James Trafford (£15m)
- Carlos Borges (£12m)
- Shea Charles (£10m)
- Yangel Herrera (£4m)
- Ilkay Gundogan (free)
- Benjamin Mendy (free)
- Tommy Doyle (loan)
- Joao Cancelo (loan)

Lavia sell on clause £12m

A cautious 6 at the moment, with potential to be much higher. Have no doubts whatsoever about Kovacic and Gvardiol. 2 top class players who improve us a lot. The jury is out on Nunes and Doku for me, hopefully like a lot of our recent signings they will be very good additions to the team but I'd be lying if either would have been my first choice targets. They have some big shoes to fill with our departures and Kev's injury but sure Pep can sort it out now we have the numbers. We might even see another wildcard come from nowhere like Rico.

Feel as though City could maybe use one more attacking player to really complete the squad.

Purely because of KDB injury, I think we need a one akanji type signing who can play as an attacking midfielder and possibly on the wings...

Or then we try to loan an attacking player who would be somewhat happy as a bench player. Would of course be incredibly difficult to get required quality ON LOAN at this stage of the window.

Probably the easier option would be to go for a low cost player who can be used from the bench if needed. Loan would be preferred since kdb will be back and with him our squad is in a good shape...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.