Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Let’s be objective, difficult as it can be on this forum!
Against the dippers, chelsea and spurs we were by far the better team and did more than enough to win. Luck was most definitely against us in those games. We dominated the ball and had the upper hand.
Last night we came up against a team full of running and confidence on a great run of form. Bailey was virtually unplayable whereas he’s been poor every other time I’ve seen him. The crowd were super up for it and hugely intimidating. We were missing key players and (dare I say it) were tactically not set up to deal with their midfield.
For me last night was our only truly poor performance this season. It’s a blip and the evidence is that we bounce back when needed.
Talks of a crisis are truly unfounded.
Have some faith fellow blues.
We are still the team to beat.
Good post and I too was fairly positive before last night. I just feel the response was really shit despite injuries and probably wrong team picked.
I too thought we did pretty well v the dippers, chavs and Spurs.
But this season we were shite v Villa but also away to Arsenal and Wolves. So that's 20% of our games when we were not average but downright poor and of course Rodri was missing for all 3

So he came off the bench once.

He still knew at the weekend he'd get booked for kicking a ball away. That's what's fucking nonsense and I bet Pep wasn't best pleased with him for it.
Yet Spuds player kicked the ball away early doors yet didnt get booked!

Refs are quite happy to book our players and we usually get the first yellow!

Good post and I too was fairly positive before last night. I just feel the response was really shit despite injuries and probably wrong team picked.
I too thought we did pretty well v the dippers, chavs and Spurs.
But this season we were shite v Villa but also away to Arsenal and Wolves. So that's 20% of our games when we were not average but downright poor and of course Rodri was missing for all 3
I think that’s our biggest problem.
Rodri is by far our most important player and we always struggle without him.
It’s incredibly difficult to find an alternative to him but that has to be our priority.
Nunes and Kova are excellent players but not able to do his job, nor is Stones.
Another issue for me is LB. Ake is better than Guardiol for me but I guess Pep needs to justify the outlay for Josko. I would v much like to see him play at CB with Ake at LB.
The elephant in the room is Dias. His form has been well below his norm and I think he needs a rest. Love the guy but there’s definitely something not right with him atm.

Let’s be objective, difficult as it can be on this forum!
Against the dippers, chelsea and spurs we were by far the better team and did more than enough to win. Luck was most definitely against us in those games. We dominated the ball and had the upper hand.
Last night we came up against a team full of running and confidence on a great run of form. Bailey was virtually unplayable whereas he’s been poor every other time I’ve seen him. The crowd were super up for it and hugely intimidating. We were missing key players and (dare I say it) were tactically not set up to deal with their midfield.
For me last night was our only truly poor performance this season. It’s a blip and the evidence is that we bounce back when needed.
Talks of a crisis are truly unfounded.
Have some faith fellow blues.
We are still the team to beat.
Agree, and you know something

If we had won those previous 3 which we should have really, then last night's shit nervous performance would not have happened.

May still have lost but we were so bad last night anyone would have beat us.

I bet PL HQ are having a huge fucking party today, what with their "random fixture computer" and PGMOL VAR outcomes of the last few games!

The elephant in the room is Dias. His form has been well below his norm and I think he needs a rest. Love the guy but there’s definitely something not right with him atm.
A couple of weeks ago I’d have strongly agreed with this, but he was much better against Spurs and our best outfield player by some distance last night. He’s getting there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.