Aston Villa (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Good post and I too was fairly positive before last night. I just feel the response was really shit despite injuries and probably wrong team picked.
I too thought we did pretty well v the dippers, chavs and Spurs.
But this season we were shite v Villa but also away to Arsenal and Wolves. So that's 20% of our games when we were not average but downright poor and of course Rodri was missing for all 3
I don’t think we are great away from home.
Unfortunately i do not envisage Villa playing at the same level against the Goons , great teams do it week in week out and Villa are not a great team , it was a one-off performance and the celebrations by by their fans and players looked like they were in dreamland.
If Villa can play to the same level against the Goons then they could be considered challengers but they have just come back off a lucky last minute draw at Bournemouth , Emery is a decent manager and they could get top four but i wouldnt be surprised if the Goons beat them this weekend.
Villa were excellent last night. I was really impressed with them and had we lost 3 nil we couldn’t really have complained.

I don’t think we are great away from home.

Villa were excellent last night. I was really impressed with them and had we lost 3 nil we couldn’t really have complained.
5-0 and we couldnt have complained , the first time a Pep team has been dominated since the 0-4 defeat at Everton in his first season , the point i am making is Villa cannot do it every week , just like the Dippers they save their best performances of the season for games against us.

For what its worth it's all down to Inter for letting those Knights out on the piss and wearing dusty armour!
Come on Inter clean the buggers up and have them back, this is on you ;-)

Last time I voted "Win" in the pre-match thread was vs Brentford (a). We lost.

Since then every time I voted, I voted "Lose" - regardless of how preposterous that appeared.

For the Villa game I decided to change it up, and voted "Win".

Soz.

We have changed the way we play to suit Haaland. When he is playing well and taking his chances we’re all happy. This year he’s missing plenty and good teams know how to starve him.
When we had Mahrez, KDB, Bernado, Jesus, Sterling, Gundogan and Foden to choose from alongside Rodri we had plenty of goals and options with a fluid, irrepressible but consistent style of play.,
EH is not skilful, agile or mobile enough to play that same style. Alvarez is.
Pep has the dilemma of having the finest finisher in world football who does not suit his ideal of “a team of 10 midfielders “

2 players some thought weren't good enough when they first arrived you mean ?
Maybe in your opinion. Certainly not in mine. Both were exceptional signings who added value from day one but who took a while to convince some of our supporters.

Nunes is no different to Kalvin Phillips, i.e. well out of his depth at elite level, and Kovacic is very much yesterday's man.

Two desperate last-minute signings in a very poor transfer window.

Maybe in your opinion. Certainly not in mine. Both were exceptional signings who added value from day one but who took a while to convince some of our supporters.

Nunes is no different to Kalvin Phillips, i.e. well out of his depth at elite level, and Kovacic is very much yesterday's man.

Two desperate last-minute signings in a very poor transfer window.
In quite a few peoples opinions. Myself I long ago learned not to jump to conclusions based on 10 or less games, because Pep improves most players. I’ll wait and see.

Sadly that was our worst performance in many a year, took me back a bit blues falling out with one another behind us freezing bastard cold was still shivering when I got back home. The Red cartel getting all giddy again thinking our dominance is over, can’t put my finger on what’s going wrong last few weeks but I bet Pep can. Let’s await May that’s when we’ll see.

5-0 and we couldnt have complained , the first time a Pep team has been dominated since the 0-4 defeat at Everton in his first season , the point i am making is Villa cannot do it every week , just like the Dippers they save their best performances of the season for games against us.
I don’t think they will win the league but they have having a cracking season. 14 home wins on the bounce is really impressive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.